EXCLUSIVE: Miranda Otto is set to headline Fox’s drama pilot Locke & Key, from producers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. Based on Joe Hill’s comic, Locke & Key tells the story of Nina Locke (Otto) and her three children, Tyler, Kinsey, and Bode, who survive an unspeakable horror and attempt to rebuild their lives at Keyhouse, their family home in Lovecraft, Massachusetts. It is a mysterious New England mansion, with fantastic and transformative keys hidden inside its walls that are also being sought by a hate-filled and relentless creature with ties to the Locke family’s past who will stop at nothing to accomplish his sinister goals. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles creator Josh Friedman wrote the pilot, with Mark Romanek in negotiations to direct. 20th Century Fox TV, Kurtzman and Orci’s K.O. Paper Products and DreamWorks TV are producing. Otto, repped by Gersh and Management 360, had been heavily pursued to do pilots and fielded several offers, including one for the TNT drama pilot Perception, before opting to do Locke & Key. Her credits include War of Worlds, the Lord of the Rings sequels and the ABC dramedy Cashmere Mafia.
Miranda Otto To Star In Fox's 'Locke & Key'
What's Hot on Deadline
Veteran ‘Criminal Minds’, Comedies 'Life In Pieces' & ‘Kevin Can Wait’ Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
'The Equalizer 2' Trailer: Denzel Washington Returns As Justice-Seeker In Antoine Fuqua Action Thriller
Cannes Adds Lars Von Trier, Whitney Houston Doc, Michael B. Jordan Sci-Fi, Terry Gilliam's 'Don Quixote', More
Latest TV News
- Why Antonio Banderas Was Reluctant To Portray Iconic Painter For ‘Genius: Picasso’ — Tribeca Studio
- Amazon Developing ‘Transhuman’ & ‘East Of West’ Genre Series From Comic Book Writer Jonathan Hickman…
- ‘Scandal’ Finale To Feature New Track By An R&B Legend; Watch Featurette About Series Ender
- ‘Living Biblically’ Pulled Off the Schedule By CBS, Replaced By ‘Big Bang’ Repeats
- Samantha Bee Asks “Is Sean Hannity A Serial Killer?”
- Mattel Names Endemol And Maker Studios Alum Ynon Kreiz As New CEO