EXCLUSIVE: HBO has opted not to proceed with John Logan’s hourlong pilot The Miraculous Year, which was directed by Kathryn Bigelow. I hear that the appeal of the project — an exploration into a high-powered New York family: a self-destructive Broadway composer (Norbert Leo Butz), his powerful painter father Alex (Frank Langella) and his attorney sister Mandy Vance (Hope Davis) — was probably too narrow. The cast of the pilot also included Eddie Redmayne, Linus Roache and Patti LuPone as well as guest stars Susan Sarandon and Lee Pace. HBO has had a busy pilot pickup year starting with the Michael Mann/David Milch collaboration Luck, which has already been ordered to series. The Diane Keaton starrer Tilda is still awaiting word while backup scripts are being written and reshoots on the pilot are being done. HBO’s recent pilot orders include the Justin Theroux/Steve Coogan comedy Documental, Armando Iannucci’s comedy Veep, Alan Ball’s drama All Signs of Death and the untitled Lena Dunham/Judd Apatow comedy.
'Miraculous Year' Not Going Forward At HBO
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'Black Panther' Still Boss At The B.O. Running Toward $600M+; 'Tomb Raider' At $22M-$24M - Midday Update
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Netflix Boards Coming-Of-Age Slasher Movie With 'Stranger Things' Outfit 21 Laps And James Wan's Atomic Monster
Latest TV News
- How Barbra Streisand Avoided #MeToo Moments In Her Career: ‘I Worked With Great Men’ – PaleyFest
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
- Trump’s Lawyer Sues Stormy Daniels For $20M In Advance Of ’60 Minutes’ Interview
- “What If Our Politicians Weren’t The Bitch Of NRA?” Parkland Student Asks In PSA
- NBC Wants ‘Tonight Show’ Discrimination Suit Moved To Arbitration, Or Dismissed