Lionsgate has made a formal offer to Mike White to direct Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, the adaptation of the Seth Grahame-Smith novel that spices up Jane Austen’s time-tested Jane Austen with a smattering of flesh-eating walking corpses. White, who scripted School of Rock, made his feature directing debut on Year of the Dog. Several directors eyed the project since David O Russell exited the project but left behind a strong script and the idea of having Scarlett Johansson and Bradley Cooper play the leads.
Mike White Gets 'Pride And Prejudice and Zombies' Offer
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest Film News
- Reese Witherspoon Says She Was Sexually Assaulted By Director At Age 16
- TV Azteca, Keshet Team For Super Series; Acorn Looks ‘Straight Forward’ – Mipcom
- Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; “People Will Start Seeing The Potential”
- Cher Dances Her Way Into ‘Mamma Mia!’ Sequel
- ‘Better Call Saul’s Michael Mando Joins Jesse Eisenberg In ‘The Hummingbird Project’
- Jordan Peele, Channing Dungey & More Named As Honorees At AAFCA’s Special Achievement Ceremony