Veteran Simpsons writer Mike Scully will receive the Writers Guild of America, West Animation Writers Caucus’ 13th annual Animation Writing Award, a lifetime achievement honor, which will be presented to him tonight at the AWC’s annual awards ceremony. “Whether penning episodes of The Simpsons, one of the most acclaimed, influential, and long-running series in TV history, or playing a key role in organizing the field of animation writing on behalf of the Guild, Mike’s contributions to both the craft and business of animation writing make him more than deserving of this award,” said WGAW president John Wells. Scully’s television writing credits include Parks and Recreation, Everybody Loves Raymond, Complete Savages and The Pitts. He also co-wrote The Simpsons Movie and is an executive producer of the upcoming Fox animated series Napoleon Dynamite. Previous AWC Writing Award honorees include Al Jean, Brad Bird, Michael Reiss, Linda Woolverton and Stan Berkowitz.
Mike Scully To Receive WGAW Honor
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kaplan Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'
- FX Renews Comedies 'Married' & 'You're The Worst', Moves 'Worst' To FXX
- NBC Nabs 'Raven Rock' Drama From Robert Zemeckis, Bob Cooper, eOne & Paramount TV
- Frances Berwick To Lead NBCU Lifestyle Networks, Adding Oversight Of E! & Esquire; Adam Stotsky Named E! GM