Veteran Simpsons writer Mike Scully will receive the Writers Guild of America, West Animation Writers Caucus’ 13th annual Animation Writing Award, a lifetime achievement honor, which will be presented to him tonight at the AWC’s annual awards ceremony. “Whether penning episodes of The Simpsons, one of the most acclaimed, influential, and long-running series in TV history, or playing a key role in organizing the field of animation writing on behalf of the Guild, Mike’s contributions to both the craft and business of animation writing make him more than deserving of this award,” said WGAW president John Wells. Scully’s television writing credits include Parks and Recreation, Everybody Loves Raymond, Complete Savages and The Pitts. He also co-wrote The Simpsons Movie and is an executive producer of the upcoming Fox animated series Napoleon Dynamite. Previous AWC Writing Award honorees include Al Jean, Brad Bird, Michael Reiss, Linda Woolverton and Stan Berkowitz.
Mike Scully To Receive WGAW Honor
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- Media-Loathing Donald Trump Launches Alt Nightly Campaign Coverage
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh