Veteran Simpsons writer Mike Scully will receive the Writers Guild of America, West Animation Writers Caucus’ 13th annual Animation Writing Award, a lifetime achievement honor, which will be presented to him tonight at the AWC’s annual awards ceremony. “Whether penning episodes of The Simpsons, one of the most acclaimed, influential, and long-running series in TV history, or playing a key role in organizing the field of animation writing on behalf of the Guild, Mike’s contributions to both the craft and business of animation writing make him more than deserving of this award,” said WGAW president John Wells. Scully’s television writing credits include Parks and Recreation, Everybody Loves Raymond, Complete Savages and The Pitts. He also co-wrote The Simpsons Movie and is an executive producer of the upcoming Fox animated series Napoleon Dynamite. Previous AWC Writing Award honorees include Al Jean, Brad Bird, Michael Reiss, Linda Woolverton and Stan Berkowitz.
Mike Scully To Receive WGAW Honor
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
Latest TV News
- Chuck Schumer Demands House Dump Intel Committee Chair Devin Nunes After White House Deflects Questions
- ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Draws Nearly 1M Viewers In VH1 Debut
- OWN Sets Docuseries ‘Released’ & ‘Checking Inn’ For Saturday Nights This Fall
- Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine’s Show Only Because He Is Fan, “Plain And Simple”
- ‘Arrow’: Katie Cassidy To Return As Black Siren, Will Be Regular In Season 6
- NFL Approves Raiders Move To Las Vegas For 2019 Season