Lizzy Caplan is back in business with Sony TV and studio-based producer Jamie Tarses — she has signed on for a guest shot on their new ABC series Mr. Sunshine starring Matthew Perry. Caplan famously stepped in at the last minute to play a lead on the Sony/Tarses pilot for CBS Mad Love as a guest star and helped the pilot score a midseason order but she also caused a holdup in the deal as the network and the studio first tried to persuade her to stay on and then had to find a replacement when she declined. (Judy Greer was eventually cast in the role.) Mr. Sunshine stars Perry as Ben Donovan, the sports arena manager for the Sunshine Center, a second-tier arena in San Diego. Caplan will play a woman with whom Ben has a romantic interlude and then is surprised to see her showing up at work the next morning … as his boss’ (Allison Janney) new assistant. Caplan joins other recently booked guest stars on the show, including Nick Jonas, Jimmy Connors, James Taylor and Jorge Garcia. Caplan, who recently starred on Straz’s comedy Party Down, is developing a comedy at HBO with Will Ferrell and Adam McKay. The project, based on Julie Klausner’s memoir I Don’t Care About Your Band, which is eyed as a potential starring vehicle for Caplan.
Lizzy Caplan To Guest Star On 'Mr. Sunshine'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Asks Anderson Cooper How Corey Lewandowski Works For CNN While Still Getting Trump Money
Veep Candidate Tim Kaine Dispatches Donald Trump Over Hillary 'Bigot' Remarks On Stephen Colbert's 'Late Show' – Update
Donald Trump Talks "Tunnel Technology" And Hillary Clinton As "Bigot" In Interview With Anderson Cooper
Latest TV News
- NBC Buys Modern-Day Noah’s Ark Drama Produced By Robert Zemeckis
- ABC Nabs Mara Brock Akil & Salim Akil Romantic Comedy ‘Documenting Love’ With Pilot Production Commitment
- Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Morgan Freeman, Allison Janney & Bob Newhart
- Preseason NFL Football Propels NBC Ratings Win – Update
- ‘Snatch’: Luke Pasqualino To Star, Lucien Laviscount To Co-Star In Crackle Series
- James Corden On The Fruits Of ‘Carpool Karaoke’, The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations – AwardsLine