Lionsgate has acquired US distribution rights for three films backed by Stuart Ford’s IM Global. Each film has a one word title and falls into the hard core action genre. The first in the deal is Safe, a $30 million film that stars Jason Statham and is directed by Boaz Yakin, who wrote the action/thriller. The deal also included Dredd, the 3D adaptation of Judge Dredd that Deadline told you about last Cannes. Pete Travis is directing an Alex Garland script and Karl Urban plays Judge Dredd. The third film in the deal is Protection, a Simon West-directed action thriller that stars Dwayne Johnson. IM Global has been stepping it up since selling a majority stake to Reliance Big, and hiring former CAA independent sales agent Brian Kavanaugh Jones to launch Automatik, IM Global’s production joint venture with Alliance Pictures.
Lionsgate, IM Global Sign Distribution Pact
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest Film News
- ‘Fences’ Teaser Trailer: Denzel Washington & Viola Davis Enter Oscar Race
- Oscars: Italy’s Foreign Language Entry ‘Fire At Sea’ Also Will Be Pushed In Documentary
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Lassos $59.3M Worldwide & Record $34.7M U.S. Opening For Antoine Fuqua – Monday Final…
- Molly Parker, Miranda July & Newcomer Helena Howard Topline Indie Pic ‘Movie No. 1’
- L.A. OKs 17% Fee Hike For On-Location Fire Safety Officers
- Kyle Bornheimer Joins Netflix’s ‘Little Evil’; Mira Sorvino Goes ‘Behind The Glass’