Lionsgate has acquired US distribution rights for three films backed by Stuart Ford’s IM Global. Each film has a one word title and falls into the hard core action genre. The first in the deal is Safe, a $30 million film that stars Jason Statham and is directed by Boaz Yakin, who wrote the action/thriller. The deal also included Dredd, the 3D adaptation of Judge Dredd that Deadline told you about last Cannes. Pete Travis is directing an Alex Garland script and Karl Urban plays Judge Dredd. The third film in the deal is Protection, a Simon West-directed action thriller that stars Dwayne Johnson. IM Global has been stepping it up since selling a majority stake to Reliance Big, and hiring former CAA independent sales agent Brian Kavanaugh Jones to launch Automatik, IM Global’s production joint venture with Alliance Pictures.
Lionsgate, IM Global Sign Distribution Pact
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?