EXCLUSIVE: If you’re handicapping Lay The Favorite — the Stephen Frears movie adaptation of the Beth Raymer gambling memoir — take Bruce Willis and The Town‘s Rebecca Hall. I’ve heard they are the front runners for Raymer’s tale about how she became involved with some older guys who figured out how to gain an edge on the Vegas sports book system. D.V. De Vincentis wrote the script for Focus Features and Random House Films. Neither Willis nor Hall are sure bets, though. Willis is also circling the Wes Anderson-directed Moon Rise Kingdom, and Hall recently read for the role of Daisy Buchanan opposite Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire in the Baz Luhrmann-directed adaptation of The Great Gatsby.
Lay The Favorite On Bruce Willis And Rebecca Hall For Gambling Memoir
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: "Country Is Lost", Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be "Deplorable"
Obama Can't Stop Speechifying As President Trump Signs First Bill, Forcing TV Networks To Make Choices
Latest Film News
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Producer & Author After Seeing Full Tape: Dog Was Not In Danger
- Common Joins Sundance Pic ‘Burning Sands’ As EP, Will Contribute Original Song
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: The Lull Before The Oscar Storm; Katzenberg Gets Nostalgic; Gosling Wows SAG Again…
- He’s Back! James Cameron To Godfather ‘Terminator’ With ‘Deadpool’ Helmer Tim Miller
- Ted Sarandos On Netflix In The Age Of Donald Trump & What’s Next – Sundance Studio
- ‘Band Aid’ Sundance Clip: Zoe Lister-Jones & Adam Pally Turn A Couple’s Grief Into Song