EXCLUSIVE: If you’re handicapping Lay The Favorite — the Stephen Frears movie adaptation of the Beth Raymer gambling memoir — take Bruce Willis and The Town‘s Rebecca Hall. I’ve heard they are the front runners for Raymer’s tale about how she became involved with some older guys who figured out how to gain an edge on the Vegas sports book system. D.V. De Vincentis wrote the script for Focus Features and Random House Films. Neither Willis nor Hall are sure bets, though. Willis is also circling the Wes Anderson-directed Moon Rise Kingdom, and Hall recently read for the role of Daisy Buchanan opposite Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire in the Baz Luhrmann-directed adaptation of The Great Gatsby.
Lay The Favorite On Bruce Willis And Rebecca Hall For Gambling Memoir
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
Latest Film News
- Sonny Landham Dies: ‘Predator’ & ‘48 Hrs.’ Actor Was 76
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Crash: Details Emerge In Death Of Stuntwoman Joi Harris
- Warner Bros Touts $1B ‘Conjuring’ Universe With ‘Annabelle: Creation’ Success
- Roman Polanski Denied Dismissal Of 1977 Rape Case; Vital Testimony Stays Sealed
- Sony Pictures Hires Exec From Focus, Promotes Another Ahead Of Toronto
- David Mackenzie’s ‘Outlaw King’ Adds Billy Howle