EXCLUSIVE: If you’re handicapping Lay The Favorite — the Stephen Frears movie adaptation of the Beth Raymer gambling memoir — take Bruce Willis and The Town‘s Rebecca Hall. I’ve heard they are the front runners for Raymer’s tale about how she became involved with some older guys who figured out how to gain an edge on the Vegas sports book system. D.V. De Vincentis wrote the script for Focus Features and Random House Films. Neither Willis nor Hall are sure bets, though. Willis is also circling the Wes Anderson-directed Moon Rise Kingdom, and Hall recently read for the role of Daisy Buchanan opposite Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire in the Baz Luhrmann-directed adaptation of The Great Gatsby.
Lay The Favorite On Bruce Willis And Rebecca Hall For Gambling Memoir
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
Will Big Chain Exhibitors Bypass MoviePass & Create Their Own Monthly Movie Ticket Clubs? - CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- NBA Star Stephen Curry Inks Film & TV Deal With Sony
- Demetrius Shipp Leads Cast Of ‘Same Difference’; ‘No Good Deed’ Stars Haley Pullos, Haley Webb
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2018 – Part 3: Christina Hendricks, Ansel Elgort, Karen Gillan, Michael Shannon & More
- Seith Mann To Adapt ‘BLACK’ Comic In What Studio 8 Hopes To Be First In A Franchise
- Tencent To Co-Fi Skydance’s ‘Terminator’ Reboot, Takes Chinese Distribution
- Paris Hilton Gets Candid About Social Media Highs & Lows In ‘The American Meme’ — Tribeca Studio