The Producers Guild of America has named Laura Ziskin to receive its 2011 Visionary Award. The honor will be presented at the 22nd annual Producers Guild Awards ceremony January 22. Ziskin is being honored not just for a body of work that includes the Spider-Man films but also for her work in organizing the recent Stand Up to Cancer awareness campaign. She received the Producers Guild’s David O. Selznick Achievement Award in 2005 and is the first recipient of that award to get the Visionary prize as well. “Laura Ziskin is not only an exceptionally talented producer but also an avid humanitarian with an inspiration drive to make a difference in the fight against cancer,” said Paula Wagner, chair of the 2011 awards.
Laura Ziskin Awarded 2011 Visionary Award By Producers Guild
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
Latest Awardsline News
- Patricia Arquette To Be Honored At The 2017 GLAAD Media Awards, Will Pay Tribute To Sister Alexis Arquette
- James Corden On The Game He’d Like To Have President Donald Trump Play — PaleyFest
- 2017 Daytime Emmy Nominations: CBS Leads Networks With 70 Noms, ‘Young & Restless’ Tops With 25
- At Hollywood’s Film Academy, Debt Is Up, Revenue Down & Awards Income About Even
- SXSW Audiences Give Top Honors To ‘Light Of The Moon’, ‘Baby Driver’, ‘Dealt’
- Deadline To Launch 2nd The Contenders Emmys On April 9 With Record 25 Networks & Studios