The Producers Guild of America has named Laura Ziskin to receive its 2011 Visionary Award. The honor will be presented at the 22nd annual Producers Guild Awards ceremony January 22. Ziskin is being honored not just for a body of work that includes the Spider-Man films but also for her work in organizing the recent Stand Up to Cancer awareness campaign. She received the Producers Guild’s David O. Selznick Achievement Award in 2005 and is the first recipient of that award to get the Visionary prize as well. “Laura Ziskin is not only an exceptionally talented producer but also an avid humanitarian with an inspiration drive to make a difference in the fight against cancer,” said Paula Wagner, chair of the 2011 awards.
Laura Ziskin Awarded 2011 Visionary Award By Producers Guild
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'