David Letterman’s ratings gains over Leno continue. First he tied Leno 3 weeks ago among adults 18-49 for the first time since Leno retook The Tonight Show in March. The two were tied for the past 3 weeks at a 0.9 rating and now, for the first time, Letterman came out on top last week for a clean sweep: victories in adults 18-49 (1.0/4 vs. 0.9/4 for Leno), adults 25-54 (1.3/5 vs. 1.2/5) and total viewers (3.8 million vs. 3.6 million). Compared to the same week last year, Letterman was up a tenth (11%) in 18-49 and down 4% in total viewers. Leno was down a tenth (10%) from what his temporary successor on The Tonight Show, Conan O’Brien delivered on the night last fall. In total viewers, Leno was up 50% as he has been bringing in older audiences. Overall, CBS’ Late Show and NBC’s The Tonight Show have been slow-moving ships stuck in the 0.9-1.0 demo range with only small upticks or slips week-to-week.
'Late Show' Posts First Demo Victory Over 'The Tonight Show' Since Leno's Return
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
'Feud' Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland's Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX - Update
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest TV News
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Ratings Rise On Another Encore Heavy Tuesday
- Judge Throws Out Racial Bias Suit Against Time Warmer, CNN & TBS
- ‘Queen Sugar’ Renewed For Season 3 By OWN As Ava DuVernay Inks First-Look Deal With Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo…
- Dan Rather: Donald Trump’s Boy Scout Jamboree Speech “Disgusting”
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Tells Boy Scouts Their Government Is Festering River Of Human Waste
- ‘Feud’ Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland’s Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX…