David Letterman’s ratings gains over Leno continue. First he tied Leno 3 weeks ago among adults 18-49 for the first time since Leno retook The Tonight Show in March. The two were tied for the past 3 weeks at a 0.9 rating and now, for the first time, Letterman came out on top last week for a clean sweep: victories in adults 18-49 (1.0/4 vs. 0.9/4 for Leno), adults 25-54 (1.3/5 vs. 1.2/5) and total viewers (3.8 million vs. 3.6 million). Compared to the same week last year, Letterman was up a tenth (11%) in 18-49 and down 4% in total viewers. Leno was down a tenth (10%) from what his temporary successor on The Tonight Show, Conan O’Brien delivered on the night last fall. In total viewers, Leno was up 50% as he has been bringing in older audiences. Overall, CBS’ Late Show and NBC’s The Tonight Show have been slow-moving ships stuck in the 0.9-1.0 demo range with only small upticks or slips week-to-week.
'Late Show' Posts First Demo Victory Over 'The Tonight Show' Since Leno's Return
What's Hot on Deadline
'Deadpool' Nabs All-Time R-Rated Record Opening: $135M Over 3-Days, $150M+ 4-day - Sunday AM First Update
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
Latest TV News
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Melissa McCarthy
- Video – Kanye West & Kyle Mooney’s Rap Duel: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Video – Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood’s Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: ‘Saturday Night Live…
- Video – Melissa McCarthy Palms Fellow Cat Lady Kate McKinnon: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- ‘Purity’ Drama Starring Daniel Craig From Scott Rudin Eyes Series Order
- GOP Debate Live Blog: And Then There Were Six