EXCLUSIVE: Kurtwood Smith will co-star on CBS’ midseason drama series Chaos. He is set for the regular role of Director Higgins, which was played in the pilot by Stephen Rea. As part of CBS’ midseason series order to the 20th Century Fox TV-produced project in July, the two sides decided to recast the part. Chaos centers on rookie CIA Operative Rick Martinez (Freddy Rodriguez) who is forced to spy on his dangerously unpredictable new team members in the ODS (Office of Disruptive Services), facing the possibility that they’ll betray and abandon him in hostile territory. Smith’s Director Higgins is the political, manipulative but calm middle-management director in the Clandestine Administration and Oversight Services who tricks Martinez into becoming a mole for him in the ODS team. The series is yet to begin production on its 13-episode order as it is waiting for star Freddy Rodriguez to finish a movie. Smith is used to playing government figures. The actor, probably best known for his roles on the Fox comedy That ’70s Show and in RoboCop, played an U.S. Senator on 24 and an FBI agent on Medium.
Kurtwood Smith Joins CBS Series 'Chaos'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
Universal Brands New Monster Movies As 'Dark Universe'; Bill Condon's 'Bride Of Frankenstein' Up Next In 2019 - Video
'Alien: Covenant' Adds $30M In 2nd Frame; 'Dangal' Pins $100M+ In China; 'Guardians 2' At $733M WW - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Queen Sugar’ Season 2 Trailer: The Bordelons Are Back — And Now It’s About Legacy
- ‘Top Of The Lake’ Star Elisabeth Moss On Series’ Evolution & Film Festival Feats
- ‘Criminal Minds’: Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray…
- Directors Guild Sets 2018 Awards Date, Timeline
- Showtime Taps ABC’s Jana Winograde As President Of Business Operations
- CBS Extends Les Moonves’ Contract 2-Years To Mid-2021