EXCLUSIVE: Kurtwood Smith will co-star on CBS’ midseason drama series Chaos. He is set for the regular role of Director Higgins, which was played in the pilot by Stephen Rea. As part of CBS’ midseason series order to the 20th Century Fox TV-produced project in July, the two sides decided to recast the part. Chaos centers on rookie CIA Operative Rick Martinez (Freddy Rodriguez) who is forced to spy on his dangerously unpredictable new team members in the ODS (Office of Disruptive Services), facing the possibility that they’ll betray and abandon him in hostile territory. Smith’s Director Higgins is the political, manipulative but calm middle-management director in the Clandestine Administration and Oversight Services who tricks Martinez into becoming a mole for him in the ODS team. The series is yet to begin production on its 13-episode order as it is waiting for star Freddy Rodriguez to finish a movie. Smith is used to playing government figures. The actor, probably best known for his roles on the Fox comedy That ’70s Show and in RoboCop, played an U.S. Senator on 24 and an FBI agent on Medium.
Kurtwood Smith Joins CBS Series 'Chaos'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Todd Margaret’ Season 3 Gets January Premiere On IFC
- Lynn Collins, Athena Karkanis, Carly Pope & Barbara Eve Harris Join USA Pilot ‘Poor Richard’s Almanack’
- BBC’s ‘Great British Bake-Off’ Scores Delicious Ratings, Positive Vibes
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Adds Melanie Liburd As A Red Priestess
- Dick Costolo Segues From Twitter CEO To HBO’s ‘Silicon Valley’
- ‘The Outs’ Web Series, Aidy Bryant Short & More On Vimeo Slate