Vampire Diaries co-creator/ executive producer Kevin Williamson is working on a new supernatural drama project, envisioned as a potential companion for the CW’s flagship vampire drama. The untitled project, which is in early stages of development at Warner Bros. TV for the CW, focuses on a group of people who investigate paranormal happenings. I hear that that Williamson’s fellow Vampire Diaries co-creator/executive producer Julie Plec is in talks to come onboard and co-write the project with him. Since there is no deal with the network and no script yet, it is not clear if the paranormal drama would make it for this upcoming pilot season. (And no, the characters from the new show won’t find their way into an episode of Vampire Diaries.) This marks the first development project under the overall deal Williamson recently signed with Warner Bros. TV.
Kevin Williamson Developing Potential 'Vampire Diaries' Companion Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
- ‘Will & Grace’ Cast React To Season 3 Renewal; Talk Favorite Guest Stars
- ‘Will & Grace’ Revival Renewed For Season 3 By NBC, Season 2 Expanded
- ‘Harry & Meghan’ Teaser: First Look At The Lifetime Royal Romance
- ‘Scandal’ Wraps Production Of Series Finale In A Blaze Of Social-Media Glory
- NCAA Nabs Friday’s Top Spot, ‘MasterChef Junior’ Strong, ‘Taken’ Grabs Season High Crowd