Talk about life imitating art. Julian Fellowes, Oscar-winning screenwriter and creator of ITV snob drama Downton Abbey, which PBS will show in January, has been made a Tory peer. Fellowes, who’s complained that the problem with success is that it’s very time-consuming, will now have even less time to pen the 2nd series of Downton if he’s to be fulfilling his duties in the House of Lords, the Brit equivalent of the Senate. At least he’ll be at home. Fellowes is utterly posh — his wife was lady-in-waiting to Princess Michael of Kent. He once remarked that she was the only woman at the 2002 Oscars who didn’t need to borrow her jewels. Michael Grade, the ex-chairman of the BBC and ITV, is joining Fellowes as a Conservative peer. Grade is currently chairman of Pinewood Shepperton and of management company James Grant Management, whose clients include Piers Morgan.
Julian Fellowes Becomes A Tory Lord
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Disney Swingin' As 'The Jungle Book' Beats $700M Global; 'Captain America: Civil War' Rises To $224.3M Offshore
Latest TV News
- FCC Approves Altice’s $17.7B Acquisition Of Cablevision Citing Absence Of Harms
- Ted Cruz Drops Out Of White House Race After Donald Trump Mows Him Down In Indiana Primary – UPDATE
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Hulu’s ‘Casual’ Takes Its Tales Of Dating Woes From Real…
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Gets Netflix U.S. Debut Date
- Geraldo Rivera Sits Down With El Chapo Gal Pal Kate Del Castillo On Saturday
- AOL To Open Studio For Live Virtual Reality Productions In NYC – Newfront