Comedy Central’s live broadcast of the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear drew 2 million viewers from 12:00-3:00 PM ET on Saturday and a 1.0 rating (1.1 million) among adults 18-49, quadrupling the channel’s average delivering in the time period. Online, there were 570,000 live video streams of the event on Comedy Central’s Web site, or via iPhone, iPad or Android, with more than 800,000 visitors to the Rally related sites. As for the rally itself, the official estimates peg the size of the crowd at the national Mall in Washington DC to more that 250,000 people, meaning that more than 2.82 million watched the show live in person or on TV/Web.
Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert Rally Draws Total Audience Of Almost 3 Million
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Andreeva
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA