Comedy Central’s live broadcast of the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear drew 2 million viewers from 12:00-3:00 PM ET on Saturday and a 1.0 rating (1.1 million) among adults 18-49, quadrupling the channel’s average delivering in the time period. Online, there were 570,000 live video streams of the event on Comedy Central’s Web site, or via iPhone, iPad or Android, with more than 800,000 visitors to the Rally related sites. As for the rally itself, the official estimates peg the size of the crowd at the national Mall in Washington DC to more that 250,000 people, meaning that more than 2.82 million watched the show live in person or on TV/Web.
Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert Rally Draws Total Audience Of Almost 3 Million
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup