Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne’s Unique Pictures has set New York-based scribe Richard Regen to write an untitled biopic about the life of New York Jets linebacker Bart Scott. The hope is to generate an inspiring film in the vein of The Blind Side, focusing on Scott’s survival of a childhood spent in a violent neighborhood of Detroit, to become one of the best linebackers in the game. The project came to Shaye and Lynne through New York City journalist/author Gay Talese, who worked with Regen to develop the story of Scott and how he was raised by a single mother. Regen previously scripted Tehran, a script that made the Black List before being optioned by Imagine’s Brian Grazer. He also wrote Chasing the Dragon, a memoir about the Chinese Civil War for Universal and Tribeca’s Jane Rosenthal and Robert De Niro. Shaye and Lynne, the former New Line chiefs who have a deal at Warner Bros, will produce the Scott pic.
Jets' Star Bart Scott Gets Scribe For Biopic
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- California Bill To Boost Funding For Hollywood Job Training Passes Committee
- Studios & WGA Can’t Even Agree On Lost Revenues From Last Strike
- ‘Psychopaths’ Helmer Mickey Keating On His Altman-esque Approach To Horror — Tribeca Studio
- Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, David Byrne, Meryl Streep Remember Jonathan Demme
- Nicolas Cage Breaks Ankle On Movie Set In Bulgaria
- ‘Dog Years’: Adam Rifkin Was Only Going To Make His Latest Movie With Burt Reynolds In The Lead Role…