Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne’s Unique Pictures has set New York-based scribe Richard Regen to write an untitled biopic about the life of New York Jets linebacker Bart Scott. The hope is to generate an inspiring film in the vein of The Blind Side, focusing on Scott’s survival of a childhood spent in a violent neighborhood of Detroit, to become one of the best linebackers in the game. The project came to Shaye and Lynne through New York City journalist/author Gay Talese, who worked with Regen to develop the story of Scott and how he was raised by a single mother. Regen previously scripted Tehran, a script that made the Black List before being optioned by Imagine’s Brian Grazer. He also wrote Chasing the Dragon, a memoir about the Chinese Civil War for Universal and Tribeca’s Jane Rosenthal and Robert De Niro. Shaye and Lynne, the former New Line chiefs who have a deal at Warner Bros, will produce the Scott pic.
Jets' Star Bart Scott Gets Scribe For Biopic
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest Film News
- ‘Valerian And The City Of A Thousand’ Misconceptions: Who’s On The Hook?
- Fox Sets Russo Brothers In Co-Finance & WW Distribution Deal For New Movie Projects
- Nicholas Hoult Frontrunner To Play Young J.R.R. Tolkien
- Toronto Film Festival List Kick-Starts Oscar Race, Spills The Beans On Upcoming Venice & Telluride Lineups
- Wanda Boss Says Company Is Putting The Breaks On Hollywood Investments
- Hilary Zaitz Michael Named WME Lit Packaging Agent