Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne’s Unique Pictures has set New York-based scribe Richard Regen to write an untitled biopic about the life of New York Jets linebacker Bart Scott. The hope is to generate an inspiring film in the vein of The Blind Side, focusing on Scott’s survival of a childhood spent in a violent neighborhood of Detroit, to become one of the best linebackers in the game. The project came to Shaye and Lynne through New York City journalist/author Gay Talese, who worked with Regen to develop the story of Scott and how he was raised by a single mother. Regen previously scripted Tehran, a script that made the Black List before being optioned by Imagine’s Brian Grazer. He also wrote Chasing the Dragon, a memoir about the Chinese Civil War for Universal and Tribeca’s Jane Rosenthal and Robert De Niro. Shaye and Lynne, the former New Line chiefs who have a deal at Warner Bros, will produce the Scott pic.
Jets' Star Bart Scott Gets Scribe For Biopic
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Heath Ledger Scholarship Finalists Set; Scotland Applies For Studio – Global Briefs
- Studiocanal Doubles Down On Family Fare: Re-Teams With Nick Park And Gilles De Maistre For New Pics: Cannes
- Apocalypse Averted: Europe Unveils Plans For Digital Single Market, Film Business Survives
- SND Boards ‘What Happened To Monday?’ With Noomi Rapace, Glenn Close – Cannes
- Will Bollywood Star Salman Khan’s Guilty Verdict In Fatal Hit & Run Impact Industry?
- IATSE and AMPTP Reach Three-Year Area Standards Deal