It’s no surprise. Wright has been putting out feelers for new jobs outside the Beeb’s filmmaking arm for months. She’s known to have become increasingly constricted at BBC Films, where she’s been for the past 15 years. Wright tells me she’s got several job opportunities lined up, but she felt she had to step down and take stock before deciding what to do next. “I’m the type of person who really needs to step away before they find something new,” she tells me. Wright became managing director of BBC Films in 2009. Christine Langan was appointed last year to run the creative side of BBC Films, with Wright taking responsibility for the day-to-day operations and co-producing financing. At a time of deep BBC spending cuts, Wright’s job is not being filled.
Jane Wright Quits As Co-Head Of BBC Films
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In Season…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…