After monthlong negotiations, CNN today announced that Jonathan Wald, former executive producer of NBC’s Today and Nightly News, and former SVP of CNBC, has been named executive producer of Piers Morgan’s upcoming primetime talk show for the cable news channel, Piers Morgan Tonight, which will premiere January 2011. “Jonathan has spent more than 20 years as a top producer in broadcast and cable television news and has the unique ability to produce television that is smart and provocative,” CNN EVP Keb Jautz said. Added Morgan, “Jonathan is tough, funny, smart as hell, incredibly experienced, and wants to win.” Most recently Wald has been an advisor to AOL on cross-platform programming initiatives. “I can’t wait to get started and to collaborate with Piers on redefining the long-form interview program in primetime,” he said.
OFFICIAL: Jonathan Wald Named Executive Producer Of CNN's 'Piers Morgan Tonight'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest TV News
- History Channel To Air Exclusive Doc On Paris Attacks
- ‘Second Chance’ Trailer: Basically The Six Million Dollar Scrooge
- ‘Empire’ Online Store Launched To Swag Up Your Christmas
- Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman Says Sumner Redstone “Engaged & Attentive” In Response To Lawsuit
- Frank Gifford’s Family Donating His Brain To Medical Research After CTE Diagnosis
- NY Supreme Court Postpones Decision On Plea To Bar DraftKings And FanDuel