After monthlong negotiations, CNN today announced that Jonathan Wald, former executive producer of NBC’s Today and Nightly News, and former SVP of CNBC, has been named executive producer of Piers Morgan’s upcoming primetime talk show for the cable news channel, Piers Morgan Tonight, which will premiere January 2011. “Jonathan has spent more than 20 years as a top producer in broadcast and cable television news and has the unique ability to produce television that is smart and provocative,” CNN EVP Keb Jautz said. Added Morgan, “Jonathan is tough, funny, smart as hell, incredibly experienced, and wants to win.” Most recently Wald has been an advisor to AOL on cross-platform programming initiatives. “I can’t wait to get started and to collaborate with Piers on redefining the long-form interview program in primetime,” he said.
OFFICIAL: Jonathan Wald Named Executive Producer Of CNN's 'Piers Morgan Tonight'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Will Smith & Alan Horn Join Obama & Katzenberg For Private L.A. Dinner – Update
- Samantha Bee Vs. The Guys On Late Night, Plus: The Coming Tony Awards Wars? – Gerard & Roth
- ‘Little People’ Animated Musical Comedy Series To Premiere On Sprout
- Obama Declines To Dance For Ellen DeGeneres’ Show; Republic Still Standing
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’