After monthlong negotiations, CNN today announced that Jonathan Wald, former executive producer of NBC’s Today and Nightly News, and former SVP of CNBC, has been named executive producer of Piers Morgan’s upcoming primetime talk show for the cable news channel, Piers Morgan Tonight, which will premiere January 2011. “Jonathan has spent more than 20 years as a top producer in broadcast and cable television news and has the unique ability to produce television that is smart and provocative,” CNN EVP Keb Jautz said. Added Morgan, “Jonathan is tough, funny, smart as hell, incredibly experienced, and wants to win.” Most recently Wald has been an advisor to AOL on cross-platform programming initiatives. “I can’t wait to get started and to collaborate with Piers on redefining the long-form interview program in primetime,” he said.
OFFICIAL: Jonathan Wald Named Executive Producer Of CNN's 'Piers Morgan Tonight'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Vine Star Curtis Lepore Exits Rainn Wilson Comedy
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Cancelled By ABC
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series