After monthlong negotiations, CNN today announced that Jonathan Wald, former executive producer of NBC’s Today and Nightly News, and former SVP of CNBC, has been named executive producer of Piers Morgan’s upcoming primetime talk show for the cable news channel, Piers Morgan Tonight, which will premiere January 2011. “Jonathan has spent more than 20 years as a top producer in broadcast and cable television news and has the unique ability to produce television that is smart and provocative,” CNN EVP Keb Jautz said. Added Morgan, “Jonathan is tough, funny, smart as hell, incredibly experienced, and wants to win.” Most recently Wald has been an advisor to AOL on cross-platform programming initiatives. “I can’t wait to get started and to collaborate with Piers on redefining the long-form interview program in primetime,” he said.
OFFICIAL: Jonathan Wald Named Executive Producer Of CNN's 'Piers Morgan Tonight'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21