After monthlong negotiations, CNN today announced that Jonathan Wald, former executive producer of NBC’s Today and Nightly News, and former SVP of CNBC, has been named executive producer of Piers Morgan’s upcoming primetime talk show for the cable news channel, Piers Morgan Tonight, which will premiere January 2011. “Jonathan has spent more than 20 years as a top producer in broadcast and cable television news and has the unique ability to produce television that is smart and provocative,” CNN EVP Keb Jautz said. Added Morgan, “Jonathan is tough, funny, smart as hell, incredibly experienced, and wants to win.” Most recently Wald has been an advisor to AOL on cross-platform programming initiatives. “I can’t wait to get started and to collaborate with Piers on redefining the long-form interview program in primetime,” he said.
OFFICIAL: Jonathan Wald Named Executive Producer Of CNN's 'Piers Morgan Tonight'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Debates Hillary Clinton, Breaks Social Records
- ‘The New Edition Story’ Gets BET Premiere Date: First-Look Video
- Curtain Rises On Date For 71st Tony Awards On CBS
- Annapurna Pictures Launches TV Division Headed By Former HBO Executive Sue Naegle
- Donald Trump Vs Hillary Clinton Most Watched Debate In TV History At 81M+ Viewers
- ‘The Strain’ Renewed For Fourth & Final Season By FX