After monthlong negotiations, CNN today announced that Jonathan Wald, former executive producer of NBC’s Today and Nightly News, and former SVP of CNBC, has been named executive producer of Piers Morgan’s upcoming primetime talk show for the cable news channel, Piers Morgan Tonight, which will premiere January 2011. “Jonathan has spent more than 20 years as a top producer in broadcast and cable television news and has the unique ability to produce television that is smart and provocative,” CNN EVP Keb Jautz said. Added Morgan, “Jonathan is tough, funny, smart as hell, incredibly experienced, and wants to win.” Most recently Wald has been an advisor to AOL on cross-platform programming initiatives. “I can’t wait to get started and to collaborate with Piers on redefining the long-form interview program in primetime,” he said.
OFFICIAL: Jonathan Wald Named Executive Producer Of CNN's 'Piers Morgan Tonight'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert’s Live Election Night Special: ‘Who’s Going To Clean Up This Sh*t?’ Trailer
- Suspect In Destruction Of Donald Trump’s Walk Of Fame Star “Happy To Go To Trial”
- Michael Massee Dies: Actor Involved In Tragic ‘The Crow’ Accident Was 61
- Most Watched World Series Game 1 In 7 Years; Most Shows Held Up Well Against It
- Howard Davies Dies: Acclaimed British Theater Director Was 71
- Fox Comedy ‘The Mick’ Gets NFL-Boosted Debut, Premiere Date, Extended Trailer