EXCLUSIVE: Fox has picked up comedy pilot Breaking In for midseason with a seven-episode order. The order comes after several weeks of negotiations between Fox and the project’s producer Sony Pictures TV. The single-camera workplace comedy starring Christian Slater is being rumored as a possible replacement for Fox’s underperforming fall comedy Running Wilde, which has not received a back order. It is expected to be featured on Fox’s upcoming midseason schedule. The Sony TV/Happy Madison-produced Breaking In, which is set at a digital security firm, was developed last season. The pilot, written /exec produced by Adam F. Goldberg and directed/exec produced by Seth Gordon, had buzz and tested very well but ultimately missed the cut for a series pickup at Fox in May. In June, the network gave it a new lease of life with an order for 2 additional scripts, leading to Sony TV’s decision to extend the options on the cast, led by Slater and featuring Reaper star Bret Harrison. With the pickup, Sony TV now has comedy series on each of the Big 4 broadcast networks: Mr. Sunshine and Happy Endings on ABC, veteran Rules of Engagement and midseason entry Mad Love on CBS, sophomore Community on NBC and Breaking In on Fox.
It's Official: Fox Picks Up Christian Slater Comedy 'Breaking In' For Midseason
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'