People magazine will bestow just bestowed the coveted title of “Sexiest Man Alive” on Ryan Reynolds for this year marking its 25th anniversary. Which is a marketing wet dream not just for Reynolds’ talent agency CAA and PR firm 42West but also for Warner Bros. The studio has just released this new trailer (below) for Green Lantern, the Martin Campbell-directed film that introduces Ryan Reynolds as the DC Comics superhero. Talk about synergy: to date every new promo for the movie has been the exclusive domain of a magazine (People, Entertainment Weekly) owned by Time Warner which also owns the movie studio Warner Bros. But only moviegoers will decide whether Reynolds’ obvious physique and charisma will be enough to measure up in the DC pantheon to Chris Nolan’s The Dark Knight or the Nolan-produced Superman film that’ll be directed by Zack Snyder. The 3D Green Lantern will be released on June 17, 2011:
Ryan Reynolds Is People's 'Sexiest Man Alive' As Warner Bros Releases New Trailer For 'Green Lantern'
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Update: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Fleming Jr
- MGM Nabs Hot Pitch 'Cop Swap'; Rematch With 'Hot Tub Time Machine' Helmer Steve Pink
- Rich Green Jumps To ICM Partners; Top Book-To-Film Rights Broker Leaves Resolution
- TPG Spends $225 Million In Deal That Ups Stake In CAA To 53%
- Lionsgate, Tribeca Team For Subscription VOD Launch
- Bart & Fleming: WB's Spandex OD; Ebola The Series; Neil Patrick Harris Near EGOT
- Netflix & Leonardo DiCaprio Team On 'Virunga' Documentary Release