People magazine will bestow just bestowed the coveted title of “Sexiest Man Alive” on Ryan Reynolds for this year marking its 25th anniversary. Which is a marketing wet dream not just for Reynolds’ talent agency CAA and PR firm 42West but also for Warner Bros. The studio has just released this new trailer (below) for Green Lantern, the Martin Campbell-directed film that introduces Ryan Reynolds as the DC Comics superhero. Talk about synergy: to date every new promo for the movie has been the exclusive domain of a magazine (People, Entertainment Weekly) owned by Time Warner which also owns the movie studio Warner Bros. But only moviegoers will decide whether Reynolds’ obvious physique and charisma will be enough to measure up in the DC pantheon to Chris Nolan’s The Dark Knight or the Nolan-produced Superman film that’ll be directed by Zack Snyder. The 3D Green Lantern will be released on June 17, 2011:
Ryan Reynolds Is People's 'Sexiest Man Alive' As Warner Bros Releases New Trailer For 'Green Lantern'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest Film News
- Oscars Security 2017: The Donald Trump Factor
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank? – Monday Update
- First Sarah Jones Safety Grant Awarded On Third Year Mark Of Her Death
- Google & Microsoft To Demote Piracy Sites In UK Search Results
- Kim Dotcom Loses U.S. Extradition Appeal, But Claims Victory In Copyright Ruling
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?