Sony Pictures Entertainment has released a teaser for The Zookeeper, the Kevin James-starrer which will be one of the studio’s 2011 summer tent poles. The film was done as a co-production with MGM, but the early heavy lifting was done by former MGM picture chief Mary Parent, who paid $2 million for the Jay Scherick/David Ronn script and steered it through production. It should have been Parent’s first real swing for the fences, but the MGM uncertainty led it to be turned over for distribution by its SPE partners, who watched it and slotted it for summer, 2011.
Hot Teaser Trailer: 'The Zookeeper'
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Fleming Jr
- MGM Nabs Hot Pitch 'Cop Swap'; Rematch With 'Hot Tub Time Machine' Helmer Steve Pink
- Rich Green Jumps To ICM Partners; Top Book-To-Film Rights Broker Leaves Resolution
- TPG Spends $225 Million In Deal That Ups Stake In CAA To 53%
- Lionsgate, Tribeca Team For Subscription VOD Launch
- Bart & Fleming: WB's Spandex OD; Ebola The Series; Neil Patrick Harris Near EGOT
- Netflix & Leonardo DiCaprio Team On 'Virunga' Documentary Release