It must be frisky trailer week, because Deadline has got hold of yet another movie trailer–this one is Red Band–based on the concept of coupling without commitment. The latest is Friends with Benefits, the Screen Gems comedy that stars Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis as close friends who want sex without the usual messy relationship that comes with it, and hop into bed with each other hoping it won’t affect their friendship. Earlier this week came the trailer for Hall Pass, about two randy married guys who are given a pass by their wives to cheat for a week, and Just Go With It, with Adam Sandler playing a guy who invents a fake family to bed a beauty played by Brooklyn Decker. And Paramount put out a trailer for No Strings Attached, with Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman playing roles similar to what Timberlake and Kunis are seen doing below. You might recall, the Paramount/Montecito film originally bore the title Fuckbuddies, which would have placed severe limits on marketing. The studio then tried to use Friends With Benefits, only to find Screen Gems already registered the title. But Paramount might have the last laugh. According to its trailer, No Strings Attached hits theaters January, 2011, while Friends with Benefits won’t be released until next summer. Judging from this spate of upcoming movies, has Hollywood decided that monogamy and committed relationship are out of style?
Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Friends With Benefits'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- David DiGilio To Script ‘The Stars My Destination’ Based On Sci-Fi Classic
- Secret Meeting Of Industry Leaders Proposes 4-Point Program To Battle Gender Bias
- Deadline’s The Contenders: The Real Story Behind ‘Black Mass’, Johnny Depp’s Casting & Why Whitey Bulger May Never See The…
- Helen Mirren Circles Will Smith Comedy ‘Collateral Beauty’
- Matthew Aldrich To Adapt ‘Opening Belle’ Pic For Reese Witherspoon & Warner Bros
- Oprah Winfrey Memoir Auction Hits 8-Figures; Flatiron Books Leads Pack