It must be frisky trailer week, because Deadline has got hold of yet another movie trailer–this one is Red Band–based on the concept of coupling without commitment. The latest is Friends with Benefits, the Screen Gems comedy that stars Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis as close friends who want sex without the usual messy relationship that comes with it, and hop into bed with each other hoping it won’t affect their friendship. Earlier this week came the trailer for Hall Pass, about two randy married guys who are given a pass by their wives to cheat for a week, and Just Go With It, with Adam Sandler playing a guy who invents a fake family to bed a beauty played by Brooklyn Decker. And Paramount put out a trailer for No Strings Attached, with Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman playing roles similar to what Timberlake and Kunis are seen doing below. You might recall, the Paramount/Montecito film originally bore the title Fuckbuddies, which would have placed severe limits on marketing. The studio then tried to use Friends With Benefits, only to find Screen Gems already registered the title. But Paramount might have the last laugh. According to its trailer, No Strings Attached hits theaters January, 2011, while Friends with Benefits won’t be released until next summer. Judging from this spate of upcoming movies, has Hollywood decided that monogamy and committed relationship are out of style?
Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Friends With Benefits'
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Golden Globes Nominations: 'The Shape Of Water' & 'The Post' Tops In Film, 'Big Little Lies' Leads TV
Latest Film News
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don’t Come…
- Who Reps The Black List 2017 Scripts: The Charts
- ‘Darkest Hour’s Gary Oldman Joins Director Joe Wright And Tells Why He Almost Turned Down The Role Of Churchill – The Contenders…
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Katherine Langford To Topline YA Film ‘Spontaneous’
- ‘Detective Pikachu’ Gets Summer 2019 Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Theater Owners Trade Group Has “Extensive Plans” For Kingdom’s Cinemas