EXCLUSIVE: Darren Criss is hitting all the right notes with his new Glee bosses. Hot on the heels of his well-received debut last night as Kurt’s gay role model Blaine, the actor/singer/songwriter is in talks to become a full-fledged series regular. The promotion for Criss – who initially came on board the Fox hit as a recurring – would likely kick in at the start of the show’s already-greenlit third season. This would mark the first regular TV gig for Criss whose biggest pre-Glee TV role was an arc on ABC’s short-lived Eastwick. He first found fame on the Internet as the star of YouTube viral hit A Very Potter Musical. Here is Criss performing Teenage Dream on last night’s Glee episode. Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the early ’11 launch of a new TV-centric website.
'Glee' To Promote Darren Criss To Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelorette’ Runner-Up Will Be New ‘Bachelor’; Diversity Issue Remains
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two