EXCLUSIVE: Darren Criss is hitting all the right notes with his new Glee bosses. Hot on the heels of his well-received debut last night as Kurt’s gay role model Blaine, the actor/singer/songwriter is in talks to become a full-fledged series regular. The promotion for Criss – who initially came on board the Fox hit as a recurring – would likely kick in at the start of the show’s already-greenlit third season. This would mark the first regular TV gig for Criss whose biggest pre-Glee TV role was an arc on ABC’s short-lived Eastwick. He first found fame on the Internet as the star of YouTube viral hit A Very Potter Musical. Here is Criss performing Teenage Dream on last night’s Glee episode. Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the early ’11 launch of a new TV-centric website.
'Glee' To Promote Darren Criss To Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series