EXCLUSIVE: Darren Criss is hitting all the right notes with his new Glee bosses. Hot on the heels of his well-received debut last night as Kurt’s gay role model Blaine, the actor/singer/songwriter is in talks to become a full-fledged series regular. The promotion for Criss – who initially came on board the Fox hit as a recurring – would likely kick in at the start of the show’s already-greenlit third season. This would mark the first regular TV gig for Criss whose biggest pre-Glee TV role was an arc on ABC’s short-lived Eastwick. He first found fame on the Internet as the star of YouTube viral hit A Very Potter Musical. Here is Criss performing Teenage Dream on last night’s Glee episode. Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the early ’11 launch of a new TV-centric website.
'Glee' To Promote Darren Criss To Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Chris Soules’ Lawyers Insist He Didn’t Leave Scene Of Fatal Accident
- BET Greenlights New Series From Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes & More – Upfronts
- Warner Bros. TV Ups Peter Girardi To Dual EVP Roles
- AMC Networks’ Josh Sapan Made $30.5M In 2016, Up 72.4%, Proxy Shows
- ‘Shooter’: Patrick Sabongui, Troy Garity & Jaina Lee Ortiz Set To Recur In Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ EP Eric Kripke On The Moment He Realized He Was Telling A James Bond Story — AwardsLine…