EXCLUSIVE: Darren Criss is hitting all the right notes with his new Glee bosses. Hot on the heels of his well-received debut last night as Kurt’s gay role model Blaine, the actor/singer/songwriter is in talks to become a full-fledged series regular. The promotion for Criss – who initially came on board the Fox hit as a recurring – would likely kick in at the start of the show’s already-greenlit third season. This would mark the first regular TV gig for Criss whose biggest pre-Glee TV role was an arc on ABC’s short-lived Eastwick. He first found fame on the Internet as the star of YouTube viral hit A Very Potter Musical. Here is Criss performing Teenage Dream on last night’s Glee episode. Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the early ’11 launch of a new TV-centric website.
'Glee' To Promote Darren Criss To Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
'Disenchantment' Teases First Look At Fantastical Characters In Matt Groening's Very Adult Netflix Animated Series
Latest TV News
- Boomerang Unveils New Original Animated Series ‘Scooby-Doo And Guess Who?’, ‘Yabba-Dabba Dinosaurs!’
- Equality Writes Launches As UK Study Finds Just 16% Of Film Scribes Are Women
- Jon Stewart Steals ‘Late Show’ From Under Stephen Colbert’s Desk
- ‘Vera’s On The Case For Season 9; Fox Norway’s Dreyer Adds Sweden Remit – Global Briefs
- ‘SEAL Team’: John Glenn Joins CBS Series As New Showrunner, Two EPs Depart
- ‘The Middle’ Co-Creator On The “Bittersweet” Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot