EXCLUSIVE: Chicago-based theater actor Cliff Chamberlain has landed the male lead opposite Ana Ortiz in Fox’s off-cycle comedy pilot Outnumbered, which is being directed by Larry Charles. Inspired by the BBC sitcom, Outnumbered revolves around one set of parents (Ortiz, Chamberlain) who are often overwhelmed by their three children. Chamberlain will play the dad, Pete Tulley, an attorney who is often exhausted and overwhelmed by the demands of fatherhood. The project is being produced by 20th TV, Chernin Entertainment and Hat Trick Prods, the British company behind the original series.
Fox Pilot 'Outnumbered' Finds Male Lead
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- ABC Buys Comedy From 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'