EXCLUSIVE: Capping off a weekend where it surprisingly emerged as one of the hottest title at AFM with huge foreign territory asks, Walking with Dinosaurs is at the center of a big deal with 20th Century Fox. I’m hearing Fox is acquiring U.S. distribution rights and several international territories. The film is directed by Neil Nightengale and Pierre De Lespinois and the script is being written by John Collee, whose credits include the Peter Weir-directed Fox pic Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World as well Happy Feet and Creation. The $65 million budget CG/live-action family film is a co-production between BBC Earth and Reliance Big Pictures, and based on BBC Worldwide’s franchise. BBC Earth and Evergreen Films produced and Reliance Big Pictures financed it. The film will use live-action footage of scenery and CGI creatures. In addition to U.S. distribution rights, Fox picked up rights in a number of key international markets, including the UK, France, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Italy and Latin America.
Fox Gets 'Walking With Dinosaurs' 3D Film
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Film News
- 'Casting JonBenet' Trailer: Director Kitty Green Revisits Murder Case Using Local Talent
- ‘Justice League’ Teaser Trailers Spotlight Batman, Aquaman & The Flash – Update
- Sony Update: New Candidate Emerges In Former Fox Exec Tony Vinciquerra
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- Amy Pascal Wins Auction For Laura Dave Novel ‘Hello, Sunshine’; Author Scripting With ‘Spotlight’s…
- Emily Hampshire To Star In Indie ‘Never Saw It Coming’