EXCLUSIVE: In a rare venturing into multi-camera comedy, Fox is developing a half-hour project starring comedian Owen Benjamin and written by comedy veteran Marsh McCall. Benjamin and McCall co-created the ABC Studios-produced sitcom, which stars Benjamin as a question-everything high school counselor balancing bachelorhood and his eccentric family. McCall executive produces the untitled project with producer Bill Haber, former agent and CAA co-founder, as well as Peter Principato, Paul Young and Joel Zadak. Benjamin, repped by CAA and Prinicpato Young, co-starred in The House Bunny and was a regular correspondent on The Jay Leno Show. He recently filmed a small role in the Adam Sandler movie Jack and Jill and was part of Vince Vaughn and Kevin James’ sold-out comedy tour.
Fox Developing Sitcom Starring Comedian Owen Benjamin
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over