EXCLUSIVE: In a rare venturing into multi-camera comedy, Fox is developing a half-hour project starring comedian Owen Benjamin and written by comedy veteran Marsh McCall. Benjamin and McCall co-created the ABC Studios-produced sitcom, which stars Benjamin as a question-everything high school counselor balancing bachelorhood and his eccentric family. McCall executive produces the untitled project with producer Bill Haber, former agent and CAA co-founder, as well as Peter Principato, Paul Young and Joel Zadak. Benjamin, repped by CAA and Prinicpato Young, co-starred in The House Bunny and was a regular correspondent on The Jay Leno Show. He recently filmed a small role in the Adam Sandler movie Jack and Jill and was part of Vince Vaughn and Kevin James’ sold-out comedy tour.
Fox Developing Sitcom Starring Comedian Owen Benjamin
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh
- CBS Developing ‘Under Suspicion’ Book Series Adaptation From John Glenn
- ‘Nashville’ Adds ‘Harry Potter’ Alum Christian Coulson As Recurring
- Kwame Patterson Joins TNT Pilot ‘Monsters Of God’