EXCLUSIVE: Her song In the Deep from the movie Crash earned her an Oscar nomination. Now songwriter-actress Bird York is writing In Deep, a drama pilot script for Fox. The project, which York is executive producing with Gary Randall, is described as a Sopranos meets Desperate Housewives. It centers around a female undercover FBI agent infiltrating the Chicago Mob with the help of the made men’s women. 20th Century Fox TV is producing the untitled drama, which has received a script commitment. York, a recent alumna of the WGA Showrunners program, is repped by Gersh and Code Entertainment.
Fox Developing Drama From Bird York
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Dice’: Trailer & Release Date For Showtime’s Andrew Dice Clay Comedy — Oh!
- ‘Chicago P.D.’ & ‘SVU’ Ratings Rise With Crossover; ‘Idol’ Dips Again, ‘Arrow…
- Bill Simmons’ New HBO Talk Show Taps Former ‘Daily Show’ Producer, Writer
- Fox And Dish Network Resolve Ad-Skip Dispute, Agreeing To 7-Day Delay
- ‘Flaked’ Trailer: Will Arnett Tries To Be A Better Person In Netflix Comedy – First Look
- Shawn Ashmore Joins ABC’s ‘Conviction’