EXCLUSIVE: Her song In the Deep from the movie Crash earned her an Oscar nomination. Now songwriter-actress Bird York is writing In Deep, a drama pilot script for Fox. The project, which York is executive producing with Gary Randall, is described as a Sopranos meets Desperate Housewives. It centers around a female undercover FBI agent infiltrating the Chicago Mob with the help of the made men’s women. 20th Century Fox TV is producing the untitled drama, which has received a script commitment. York, a recent alumna of the WGA Showrunners program, is repped by Gersh and Code Entertainment.
Fox Developing Drama From Bird York
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- ‘Making History’: Fox Cuts Order Of Midseason Comedy Series To 9 Episodes
- Tribune Media Extends Food Network Partnership With Scripps Networks
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing
- Bob Greenblatt: ‘The Voice,’ ‘This Is Us’ Are The “Antidote To The World We Live In”
- NBC Plans ‘Bye Bye, Birdie’ Starring Jennifer Lopez For 2017 Live Musical
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”