EXCLUSIVE: Her song In the Deep from the movie Crash earned her an Oscar nomination. Now songwriter-actress Bird York is writing In Deep, a drama pilot script for Fox. The project, which York is executive producing with Gary Randall, is described as a Sopranos meets Desperate Housewives. It centers around a female undercover FBI agent infiltrating the Chicago Mob with the help of the made men’s women. 20th Century Fox TV is producing the untitled drama, which has received a script commitment. York, a recent alumna of the WGA Showrunners program, is repped by Gersh and Code Entertainment.
Fox Developing Drama From Bird York
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
'I Can Only Imagine' Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe's Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
Latest TV News
- ‘Supernatural’ EPs & Cast On Potential Season 14 Pick Up & What To Expect In The Remaining Episodes
- Jimmy Kimmel Lacerates Donald Trump For Congratulating Vladimir Putin On Fixed Election Win
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Olivia De Havilland’s Lawyers Make Her Case In ‘Feud’ Appeals Hearing
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid
- Nick Weidenfeld Inks First-Look Animation Deal With Hulu