EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has closed a high six-figures pitch deal for Alex Litvak & Mike Finch to write an untitled secret project that’s an action thriller set in deep space. I’m told that Timur Bekmambetov is circling the project, though he might well wait until a script is written before actually getting involved. The Verve-repped Litvak & Finch are best known for their big spec deal for Medieval to New Regency, with Wonderland producing. That picture, which once had Rob Cohen attached to direct, is being re-calibrated to go into production next year. The duo received sole credit on the Robert Rodriguez-produced Predators, and they are currently writing the Sony Pictures Entertainment/ Mattel film He-Man: Masters of the Universe. Litvak also wrote 3 Musketeers, the 3D movie that Paul W. S. Anderson is directing for Summit and Constantine.
20th Century Fox Buys Deep Space Pitch With Director Timur Bekmambetov Orbiting
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?