Unstoppable scribe Mark Bomback has been set by Fox 2000 to do a new draft of Shadow Divers, the Robert Kurson book that follows two wreck divers who uncover the hull of a German U-boat off the New Jersey coast in 1991. Red helmer Robert Schwentke became attached to the film in late summer and Scott Free’s producing. The divers became obsessed with discovering the truth behind the ship and the men who died inside it and dove to depths of 230 feet, the limits of human endurance to solve the mystery. Bomback, who also toiled for Fox on Live Free or Die Hard, has also adapted the Richard Ford novel The Sportswriter for James Mangold.
Fox 2000 Puts Scribe On 'Shadow Divers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Shocker! Sony E-Mail Leaks, No Apology To Follow
- Rough Road Awards
- 'Homeland' Finale: “Long Time Coming”
- Bart & Fleming: On…What Else? Sony Hack Attack
- Attention, Hacked And Beleaguered Sony Staffers: Self-Protection Tips
- Hollywood Needs Cyber Czar: Guest Column