Unstoppable scribe Mark Bomback has been set by Fox 2000 to do a new draft of Shadow Divers, the Robert Kurson book that follows two wreck divers who uncover the hull of a German U-boat off the New Jersey coast in 1991. Red helmer Robert Schwentke became attached to the film in late summer and Scott Free’s producing. The divers became obsessed with discovering the truth behind the ship and the men who died inside it and dove to depths of 230 feet, the limits of human endurance to solve the mystery. Bomback, who also toiled for Fox on Live Free or Die Hard, has also adapted the Richard Ford novel The Sportswriter for James Mangold.
Fox 2000 Puts Scribe On 'Shadow Divers'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Nicolas Winding Refn Sets Abbey Lee To Star In ‘Neon Demon’
- CBS Films Acquires Spec ‘Senior Year’
- Magnolia Howls For ‘The Wolfpack’ – Sundance
- Warner Bros Closes Deal For Margot Robbie Sports Wagering Tale ‘Dangerous Odds’ – Update
- Hilary Swank, Susan Sarandon, Jessica Biel To Voice Ani Pic ‘Spark’
- Crowd-Funders Laud ‘Dear White People’ Gross But Guess What? Tchotkes Make Distribs Groan