Unstoppable scribe Mark Bomback has been set by Fox 2000 to do a new draft of Shadow Divers, the Robert Kurson book that follows two wreck divers who uncover the hull of a German U-boat off the New Jersey coast in 1991. Red helmer Robert Schwentke became attached to the film in late summer and Scott Free’s producing. The divers became obsessed with discovering the truth behind the ship and the men who died inside it and dove to depths of 230 feet, the limits of human endurance to solve the mystery. Bomback, who also toiled for Fox on Live Free or Die Hard, has also adapted the Richard Ford novel The Sportswriter for James Mangold.
Fox 2000 Puts Scribe On 'Shadow Divers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
'Battle Creek' Review: Vince Gilligan's Old Script Witty Addition To CBS' Sunday, Says Dominic Patten
More From Fleming Jr
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’