Unstoppable scribe Mark Bomback has been set by Fox 2000 to do a new draft of Shadow Divers, the Robert Kurson book that follows two wreck divers who uncover the hull of a German U-boat off the New Jersey coast in 1991. Red helmer Robert Schwentke became attached to the film in late summer and Scott Free’s producing. The divers became obsessed with discovering the truth behind the ship and the men who died inside it and dove to depths of 230 feet, the limits of human endurance to solve the mystery. Bomback, who also toiled for Fox on Live Free or Die Hard, has also adapted the Richard Ford novel The Sportswriter for James Mangold.
Fox 2000 Puts Scribe On 'Shadow Divers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- CAA Signs ‘Patti Cake$’ Star Danielle Macdonald
- Bruce Willis Pacts Pair Of Films With Emmett/Furla/Oasis
- Helen Mirren To Narrate ‘Cries From Syria’ For HBO Bow
- Eric Heisserer-Backed TV Series ‘The Scrawl’ Among First Projects For Newbie Penchant Entertainment
- Beware, Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Viacom Looks Beyond Brad Grey Era Toward Future Of Paramount