Unstoppable scribe Mark Bomback has been set by Fox 2000 to do a new draft of Shadow Divers, the Robert Kurson book that follows two wreck divers who uncover the hull of a German U-boat off the New Jersey coast in 1991. Red helmer Robert Schwentke became attached to the film in late summer and Scott Free’s producing. The divers became obsessed with discovering the truth behind the ship and the men who died inside it and dove to depths of 230 feet, the limits of human endurance to solve the mystery. Bomback, who also toiled for Fox on Live Free or Die Hard, has also adapted the Richard Ford novel The Sportswriter for James Mangold.
Fox 2000 Puts Scribe On 'Shadow Divers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Spinoff 'The Perfectionists' Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- ‘Avatar’ Starts Production Today On Four Consecutive Sequels At Over $1 Billion Budget
- Julianne Hough To Play First Lady Of Fitness Betty Weider In George Gallo’s ‘Bigger’
- Bart & Fleming: How Donald Trump’s Football Fumbles Killed USFL; Why The Movie Star Is Dying; Studio…
- China Axes Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Release: The Possible Political Motives
- Sharon Stone Signs With CAA
- Vanessa Hudgens Added To Cast Of Ken Marino’s ‘Dog Days’