Unstoppable scribe Mark Bomback has been set by Fox 2000 to do a new draft of Shadow Divers, the Robert Kurson book that follows two wreck divers who uncover the hull of a German U-boat off the New Jersey coast in 1991. Red helmer Robert Schwentke became attached to the film in late summer and Scott Free’s producing. The divers became obsessed with discovering the truth behind the ship and the men who died inside it and dove to depths of 230 feet, the limits of human endurance to solve the mystery. Bomback, who also toiled for Fox on Live Free or Die Hard, has also adapted the Richard Ford novel The Sportswriter for James Mangold.
Fox 2000 Puts Scribe On 'Shadow Divers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Anne Hathaway Circling ‘Barbie’ At Sony
- ‘The Marriage Pact’: Fox & Chernin Nab Rights To Upcoming Novel For Justin Haythe To Adapt
- Gravitas Acquires ‘Fallen’, A Polarizing Police Officer Documentary Narrated By Michael Chiklis
- Loretta Devine, Kimberly Elise, Deon Cole & More Cast In ‘Headshop’
- Writers’ Health Care Costs Going Up In January
- Tommy Dewey & Francois Arnaud To Star In Marc Carlini’s ‘She's In Portland’