Unstoppable scribe Mark Bomback has been set by Fox 2000 to do a new draft of Shadow Divers, the Robert Kurson book that follows two wreck divers who uncover the hull of a German U-boat off the New Jersey coast in 1991. Red helmer Robert Schwentke became attached to the film in late summer and Scott Free’s producing. The divers became obsessed with discovering the truth behind the ship and the men who died inside it and dove to depths of 230 feet, the limits of human endurance to solve the mystery. Bomback, who also toiled for Fox on Live Free or Die Hard, has also adapted the Richard Ford novel The Sportswriter for James Mangold.
Fox 2000 Puts Scribe On 'Shadow Divers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Crossing $900M WW Box Office This Weekend
- Three Billboards From Florida To England: Movie’s Protest Tactic Spreads
- ‘Black Panther’ Rises To $82M Through Friday; $150M+ Weekend In Sight – International Box Office
- ‘Cuban Food Stories’ First Teaser: Asori Soto’s Road Trip Food Adventure – Berlin
- Highland Boards Mel Gibson & Frank Grillo’s Action Drama ‘Boss Level’
- Humanitas Prize Winners Include ‘Mudbound’, ‘The Post’ & ‘Lady Bird’