Unstoppable scribe Mark Bomback has been set by Fox 2000 to do a new draft of Shadow Divers, the Robert Kurson book that follows two wreck divers who uncover the hull of a German U-boat off the New Jersey coast in 1991. Red helmer Robert Schwentke became attached to the film in late summer and Scott Free’s producing. The divers became obsessed with discovering the truth behind the ship and the men who died inside it and dove to depths of 230 feet, the limits of human endurance to solve the mystery. Bomback, who also toiled for Fox on Live Free or Die Hard, has also adapted the Richard Ford novel The Sportswriter for James Mangold.
Fox 2000 Puts Scribe On 'Shadow Divers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Young & Hungry' Spinoff: Steve Talley Set As Male Lead, Ryan Pinkston Cast, Title & Other Details Revealed
Alamo Drafthouse Chief Tim League Shares Ideas For Gender-Neutral Restrooms At Austin Theater Location
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- ‘The Space Between Us’ Trailer: Kid Born & Raised On Mars Comes To Earth As A Teenager
- Thomas Haden Church Signs With UTA
- Nicole Kidman’s Banner Blossom Films Options Film Rights To Vampire Play ‘Cuddles’
- Barbara Kopple’s ‘Miss Sharon Jones!’ Acquired By Starz Digital
- Disney Mulling Live-Action Version Of ‘The Little Mermaid’
- Netflix, Amazon Face Calls For European Content Quota