Unstoppable scribe Mark Bomback has been set by Fox 2000 to do a new draft of Shadow Divers, the Robert Kurson book that follows two wreck divers who uncover the hull of a German U-boat off the New Jersey coast in 1991. Red helmer Robert Schwentke became attached to the film in late summer and Scott Free’s producing. The divers became obsessed with discovering the truth behind the ship and the men who died inside it and dove to depths of 230 feet, the limits of human endurance to solve the mystery. Bomback, who also toiled for Fox on Live Free or Die Hard, has also adapted the Richard Ford novel The Sportswriter for James Mangold.
Fox 2000 Puts Scribe On 'Shadow Divers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Chris Christie Joins Carly Fiorina In Quitting Race As Hopes Dashed For Podium At CBS' Debate – Update
Latest Film News
- Shout! Factory Abuzz With ‘Maya The Bee’ Franchise In Multi-Picture Deal – Berlin
- Arclight Celebrates ‘Happy Birthday’ With Steven Tyler; Epic Boards ‘Abulele’ – Berlin
- ‘Hardcore Henry’: Trailer For First-Person POV Toronto Hit – Update
- Herb Braha Dies: ‘Godspell’ Original & Founder Of Costume Supply House Was 69
- Uncork’d Pops For ‘The Hollow’ In North America; FilmBuff Accepts ‘Cash Only’ – Berlin
- SAG-AFTRA On Diversity: “This Moment Isn't Only About Race”