EXCLUSIVE: In a deal that’s high six-figure against 7-figures, Fox 2000 has acquired Pure, the first of a three-novel series by Julianna Baggott. The film will be produced by Karen Rosenfelt, who is one of the producers on the Twilight Saga series and whose Fox 2000 projects include The Devil Wears Prada and Marley & Me. The book created wild buzz this week, and last night, it looked like DreamWorks was going to get it. By this morning, Elizabeth Gabler’s Fox 2000 took it off the table this morning by buying all three books. Fox 2000 exec Rodney Ferrell brought it in. I’m told that Pure is a dystopic tale about an apocalyptic event that creates two classes of people. The underclass consists of those who were scarred, and the “Pures” are those who were untouched and live separate from the others. The movie deal occurs before an auction for publishing rights that has been scheduled for Tuesday by New York-based lit agent Nat Sobel. Manager Justin Manask, who handled the film deal with attorney Marcy Morris, distributed watermarked copies of the script to 6 producers earlier this week. Reaction to the manuscript was strong. Baggot wrote The Anybodies and co-authored Which Brings Me To You, which is being turned into an Anonymous Content-produced feature scripted by Keith Bunin, with Suzanne Bier set to direct.
Fox 2000 Buys Hot Dystopian Novel 'Pure'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- CAS Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Among Winners – Full List
- Shia LaBeouf, Luke Turner & Nastja Säde Rönkkö's Anti-Trump Project Goes West
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 1: Casey Affleck, Denzel Washington, Pharrell Williams, Damien Chazelle & More
- ‘Song to Song’ Trailer: Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara & Michael Fassbender Get Caught Up In A Love Triangle
- Berlin Film Fest: Hungarian ‘On Body And Soul’ Wins Golden Bear – Complete Winners List
- Encore: Taylor Sheridan & David Mackenzie On Raising ‘Hell Or High Water’: “It’s About Fatherhood At The End Of The Day”…