EXCLUSIVE: Fox 2000 has completed its second book purchase in the last two days, acquiring Rebecca Serle’s debut novel Rosaline for Shawn Levy to produce under his 21 Laps banner. (500) Days of Summer scribes Scott Neustadter & Michael H. Weber will adapt the novel, which provides a new way into the classic story of Romeo and Juliet. This is a contemporary version set in a high school, and the famed love story is told from the vantage point of Rosaline, the jilted ex-girlfriend of Romeo. The scribes wrote Pink Panther 2, on which Levy was executive producer. CAA and Foundry Literary + Media repped the book, which will be published next spring by Simon Pulse. WME reps Levy. The Rosaline sale follows a big deal the label made yesterday to acquire the three-book novel series by Julianna Baggott that starts with Pure, a novel that will be auctioned to publishers Tuesday.
Fox 2000 & Shawn Levy To Tell Revisionist Romeo & Juliet Story
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency