EXCLUSIVE: Fox 2000 has completed its second book purchase in the last two days, acquiring Rebecca Serle’s debut novel Rosaline for Shawn Levy to produce under his 21 Laps banner. (500) Days of Summer scribes Scott Neustadter & Michael H. Weber will adapt the novel, which provides a new way into the classic story of Romeo and Juliet. This is a contemporary version set in a high school, and the famed love story is told from the vantage point of Rosaline, the jilted ex-girlfriend of Romeo. The scribes wrote Pink Panther 2, on which Levy was executive producer. CAA and Foundry Literary + Media repped the book, which will be published next spring by Simon Pulse. WME reps Levy. The Rosaline sale follows a big deal the label made yesterday to acquire the three-book novel series by Julianna Baggott that starts with Pure, a novel that will be auctioned to publishers Tuesday.
Fox 2000 & Shawn Levy To Tell Revisionist Romeo & Juliet Story
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool’ Very Much Alive In $12M Overseas Open; $80M Intl Weekend Ahead?
- Douglas Smith Joins Jessica Chastain’s Team In ‘Miss Sloane’
- Dev Patel & Armie Hammer In Negotiations For Mumbai Siege Pic ‘Hotel Mumbai’ – Berlin
- ‘Batman V Superman’ Final Trailer: Batman (Featuring Superman)?
- George Clooney, Coens Grilled On Political Issues At Heated ‘Hail, Caesar!’ Panel – Berlin
- Berlin: Intense Competition For Top-Tier Titles Leaves Indie Buyers Facing Uncertain Future