EXCLUSIVE: This is major news for True Blood fans. The new regular role on the HBO vampire series for next season went to veteran Irish theater actress and director Fiona Shaw who is probably best known in the U.S. for her role as Aunt Petunia in the Harry Potter movies. On True Blood, she will play Marnie, a mousy, timid and secretly self loathing storefront medium and palm reader who is taken over by the spirit of a powerful witch. The character was originally envisioned younger but is being adjusted for Shaw. Shaw is currently onstage at Dublin’s Abbey Theatre in a limited engagement of Henrik Ibsen’s John Gabriel Borkman opposite Alan Rickman and Lindsay Duncan. On U.S. television, she previously co-starred on ABC’s limited series Empire.
Fiona Shaw Joins 'True Blood' As Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
Latest TV News
- Nigel Lythgoe To Return For ‘American Idol’ Finale As ‘SYTYCD’ Fate In Limbo
- ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Renewed For Season 3 At Disney XD
- Peter Jackson Directing An Episode Of ‘Doctor Who’?
- Jimmy Fallon Logs Biggest Demo Margin To Date Over Stephen Colbert
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Score With Patriots’ Defeat; ‘Quantico’ Down
- Fullscreen Taps Ex-Hulu Boss Andy Forssell As COO