EXCLUSIVE: This is major news for True Blood fans. The new regular role on the HBO vampire series for next season went to veteran Irish theater actress and director Fiona Shaw who is probably best known in the U.S. for her role as Aunt Petunia in the Harry Potter movies. On True Blood, she will play Marnie, a mousy, timid and secretly self loathing storefront medium and palm reader who is taken over by the spirit of a powerful witch. The character was originally envisioned younger but is being adjusted for Shaw. Shaw is currently onstage at Dublin’s Abbey Theatre in a limited engagement of Henrik Ibsen’s John Gabriel Borkman opposite Alan Rickman and Lindsay Duncan. On U.S. television, she previously co-starred on ABC’s limited series Empire.
Fiona Shaw Joins 'True Blood' As Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos 'Dangerous' Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
Latest TV News
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview