Endemol today announced it has entered an exclusive development deal with UK production company Hotsauce TV, owned by one of the UK’s most well known entertainers and talk show hosts, Jonathan Ross. The deal will see Hotsauce TV working exclusively with Endemol in jointly creating and producing entertainment ideas for the UK and international markets. Endemol will also globally distribute programmes and formats that are developed as part of the deal. Ross is also coming back to the BBC. A keen amateur astronomer, he’s taking part in the astronomy show Stargazing Live for BBC2 airing in January, BBC TV boss Jana Bennett tells me. Ross was the BBC’s star chat show host until he resigned in January but “the door’s never been shut for Jonathan,” Bennett says. Ross will continue to separately work on his ITV chat show and a number of other presenting projects. Hotsauce TV is behind successful shows such as Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, The Big Fat Quiz, Japanorama, and Adam & Joe Go Tokyo. The company has also created a variety of specials focusing on pop culture figures and themes — Punk, Steve Ditko, David Lean, Morecambe & Wise and Dad’s Army. The partnership will further boost Endemol UK’s entertainment output, which currently includes hit shows such as The Million Pound Drop (Channel 4), Total Wipeout (BBC ONE), Deal or No Deal (Channel 4); Pointless (BBC Two); Charlie Brooker’s Newswipe (BBC Two; BBC Four); Would I Lie to You (BBC ONE) and 8 Out of 10 Cats (Channel 4).
Endemol UK In Deal With Jonathan Ross
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
TV Upfronts 2017 Schedule: Fewer Agency Parties Amid WGA Strike Fears; CBS Tackles Unexpected Vacancy
Latest TV News
- ‘Genius’ Review: Nat Geo’s Geoffrey Rush-Led Einstein Drama Solid But Lacks Shine
- AT&T Plans More DirecTV-Wireless Phone Bundles To Fight Churn
- Playground Options David Enrich’s Financial Exposé ‘The Spider Network’ For Series Development
- Fox Network Buys Erica Oyama Family Comedy From Kapital Entertainment
- Faith Hill & Scripps Partner On Lifestyle Talk Show Set For Fall Debut; Kellie Pickler Co-Hosts
- After 1-Day Strike, IATSE Wins Contract With NBC’s ‘Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge’