EXCLUSIVE: Disney XD’s breakout new live-action comedy series Pair of Kings has received a second-season pickup. Writers for the multi-camera comedy adventure series will reconvene after Thanksgiving to work on scripts, with production on the second season slated to begin in Hollywood in February. The series stars Mitchel Musso and Doc Shaw as fraternal twins who must relocate from their Chicago home to the island of Kinkow after they learn they are the rightful heirs to the throne of this odd kingdom. Since its September premiere, Pair of Kings has become Disney XD’s No.1 series across all key kid and boy demos, including Kids 6-14 and Boys 6-14. It ranks second in total viewers (684,000) behind veteran animated series Phineas and Ferb. Pair of Kings was created by Dan Cross and Dave Hoge who are executive producing with Matt Wickline.
Disney XD Renews Comedy 'Pair Of Kings'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox