EXCLUSIVE: Disney XD’s breakout new live-action comedy series Pair of Kings has received a second-season pickup. Writers for the multi-camera comedy adventure series will reconvene after Thanksgiving to work on scripts, with production on the second season slated to begin in Hollywood in February. The series stars Mitchel Musso and Doc Shaw as fraternal twins who must relocate from their Chicago home to the island of Kinkow after they learn they are the rightful heirs to the throne of this odd kingdom. Since its September premiere, Pair of Kings has become Disney XD’s No.1 series across all key kid and boy demos, including Kids 6-14 and Boys 6-14. It ranks second in total viewers (684,000) behind veteran animated series Phineas and Ferb. Pair of Kings was created by Dan Cross and Dave Hoge who are executive producing with Matt Wickline.
Disney XD Renews Comedy 'Pair Of Kings'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Julie Anne Robinson Sells Drama With Shondaland, 'No Angels' Comedy Adaptation With Amblin To ABC
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Neal Baer & Alexandra McNally
- 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Full-Season Orders At CW
- 'The Bridge' Cancelled By FX After 2 Seasons
- 'The Millers' Ratings Slip On New Night, 'Jane' & 'Scorpion' Hold Well
- Warner Bros New Digital Unit Unveils Name & Slate: Mortal Kombat & Static Shock Series; Akiva Goldsman Project