EXCLUSIVE: Disney XD’s breakout new live-action comedy series Pair of Kings has received a second-season pickup. Writers for the multi-camera comedy adventure series will reconvene after Thanksgiving to work on scripts, with production on the second season slated to begin in Hollywood in February. The series stars Mitchel Musso and Doc Shaw as fraternal twins who must relocate from their Chicago home to the island of Kinkow after they learn they are the rightful heirs to the throne of this odd kingdom. Since its September premiere, Pair of Kings has become Disney XD’s No.1 series across all key kid and boy demos, including Kids 6-14 and Boys 6-14. It ranks second in total viewers (684,000) behind veteran animated series Phineas and Ferb. Pair of Kings was created by Dan Cross and Dave Hoge who are executive producing with Matt Wickline.
Disney XD Renews Comedy 'Pair Of Kings'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'