EXCLUSIVE: Disney XD’s breakout new live-action comedy series Pair of Kings has received a second-season pickup. Writers for the multi-camera comedy adventure series will reconvene after Thanksgiving to work on scripts, with production on the second season slated to begin in Hollywood in February. The series stars Mitchel Musso and Doc Shaw as fraternal twins who must relocate from their Chicago home to the island of Kinkow after they learn they are the rightful heirs to the throne of this odd kingdom. Since its September premiere, Pair of Kings has become Disney XD’s No.1 series across all key kid and boy demos, including Kids 6-14 and Boys 6-14. It ranks second in total viewers (684,000) behind veteran animated series Phineas and Ferb. Pair of Kings was created by Dan Cross and Dave Hoge who are executive producing with Matt Wickline.
Disney XD Renews Comedy 'Pair Of Kings'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Bouncing To $300M+; 'Power Rangers' Pummels 'Life' & 'CHIPS' - Midday B.O. Update
'Justice League' Teaser Trailers Recruit Wonder Woman, Cyborg; They Join Batman, Aquaman & The Flash - Update
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher Gets No Smiles From Tyranny Expert: “I’m Not Going To Laugh At Any Of That”
- WGA “Broke Off Negotiations,” Producers Claim As Strike Vote Looms
- WGA Negotiators Call For Strike-Authorization Vote – Read The Letter
- NABET Members Voting On New ABC Contract
- ‘Inside the FBI: New York’: First Promo & Premiere Date For Dick Wolf’s USA Network Docuseries
- Fox News Fires Its Longtime Comptroller