EXCLUSIVE: Disney XD’s breakout new live-action comedy series Pair of Kings has received a second-season pickup. Writers for the multi-camera comedy adventure series will reconvene after Thanksgiving to work on scripts, with production on the second season slated to begin in Hollywood in February. The series stars Mitchel Musso and Doc Shaw as fraternal twins who must relocate from their Chicago home to the island of Kinkow after they learn they are the rightful heirs to the throne of this odd kingdom. Since its September premiere, Pair of Kings has become Disney XD’s No.1 series across all key kid and boy demos, including Kids 6-14 and Boys 6-14. It ranks second in total viewers (684,000) behind veteran animated series Phineas and Ferb. Pair of Kings was created by Dan Cross and Dave Hoge who are executive producing with Matt Wickline.
Disney XD Renews Comedy 'Pair Of Kings'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- IATSE and AMPTP Reach Three-Year Area Standards Deal
- NBC, ESPN Win Big At 36th Annual Sports Emmys
- Debbie Allen To Serve As Executive Producer/Director On ‘Grey’s Anatomy’
- Hulu Lands ‘Myst’ Drama From Legendary TV & Matt Tolmach Based On Video Game
- ‘Penny Dreadful’ Ratings Fall From Season 1, ‘Nurse Jackie’ Rises For Showtime
- Aldous Huxley’s ‘Brave New World’ To Be Developed By Syfy & Amblin TV