EXCLUSIVE: Disney XD’s breakout new live-action comedy series Pair of Kings has received a second-season pickup. Writers for the multi-camera comedy adventure series will reconvene after Thanksgiving to work on scripts, with production on the second season slated to begin in Hollywood in February. The series stars Mitchel Musso and Doc Shaw as fraternal twins who must relocate from their Chicago home to the island of Kinkow after they learn they are the rightful heirs to the throne of this odd kingdom. Since its September premiere, Pair of Kings has become Disney XD’s No.1 series across all key kid and boy demos, including Kids 6-14 and Boys 6-14. It ranks second in total viewers (684,000) behind veteran animated series Phineas and Ferb. Pair of Kings was created by Dan Cross and Dave Hoge who are executive producing with Matt Wickline.
Disney XD Renews Comedy 'Pair Of Kings'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
Latest TV News
- Steve Capus Exit Note Looks To Next Chapter At CBS “Or Elsewhere”
- Mosheh Oinounou Replaces Steve Capus As EP ‘CBS Evening News With Jeff Glor’
- Verizon Boss On Company’s Media M&A Stance: “Nothing Going On Right Now”
- Jimmy Kimmel Seeks Therapy For Best-Picture Trauma In New Oscar Promo
- Verizon Narrowly Misses Q4 Estimates, But Credits Trump Tax Bill For Profit Leap
- In First Global Foray, Starz Sets Long-Term Deal With Bell To Enter Canada