EXCLUSIVE: Disney XD’s breakout new live-action comedy series Pair of Kings has received a second-season pickup. Writers for the multi-camera comedy adventure series will reconvene after Thanksgiving to work on scripts, with production on the second season slated to begin in Hollywood in February. The series stars Mitchel Musso and Doc Shaw as fraternal twins who must relocate from their Chicago home to the island of Kinkow after they learn they are the rightful heirs to the throne of this odd kingdom. Since its September premiere, Pair of Kings has become Disney XD’s No.1 series across all key kid and boy demos, including Kids 6-14 and Boys 6-14. It ranks second in total viewers (684,000) behind veteran animated series Phineas and Ferb. Pair of Kings was created by Dan Cross and Dave Hoge who are executive producing with Matt Wickline.
Disney XD Renews Comedy 'Pair Of Kings'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Defends "Restrained" Twitter Bashing Of Alec Baldwin & 'SNL' In Person Of Year Interview
Latest TV News
- ‘Madiba’: First Look At Laurence Fishburne As Nelson Mandela In BET Miniseries
- ‘Reign’ To End After 4 Seasons On the CW
- ‘Counterpart’: Mido Hamada & Kenneth Choi Join Starz Spy Series
- CNN & Time Warner Slammed With Racial Discrimination Class Action Suit
- Working Title Television Sets Drama Projects At Fox, ABC & NBC
- DGA Awards: Thomas Schlamme & Marie Cantin Set For Special Honors