This should seal Darren Criss’ deal to become a regular on Glee. The show’s producers just announced that Glee‘s rendition of Katy Perry’s Teenage Dream debuted at #1 in digital track sales with 214,000 tracks sold, the first time a Glee track has done so. (Glee‘s signature song, cast’s version of Journey’s Don’t Stop Believin’ reached #2 in May 2009.) The feat is very impressive as the song’s performers don’t include a single member of the core Glee cast. Criss sang the solo literally seconds after his character was introduced on the show as a recurring.
Darren Criss' 'Glee' Debut Makes History
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate