This should seal Darren Criss’ deal to become a regular on Glee. The show’s producers just announced that Glee‘s rendition of Katy Perry’s Teenage Dream debuted at #1 in digital track sales with 214,000 tracks sold, the first time a Glee track has done so. (Glee‘s signature song, cast’s version of Journey’s Don’t Stop Believin’ reached #2 in May 2009.) The feat is very impressive as the song’s performers don’t include a single member of the core Glee cast. Criss sang the solo literally seconds after his character was introduced on the show as a recurring.
Darren Criss' 'Glee' Debut Makes History
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Roy Wood Jr. To Star In Parole Officer Comedy From Trevor Noah & Aaron McGruder In Works At Comedy Central
Latest TV News
- ‘The Night Of’ & ‘The Office’ To Be Remade In India – BBC Showcase
- ‘Bad Banks’ Big Berlin Biz; ‘Das Boot’ Wraps; Cineflix Boards U.S. Content – Global Briefs
- 21st Century Fox Doubles Down On “Firewall Remedies” As It Looks To Push Through Sky Deal
- ‘Luther’, ‘Mistresses’ & ‘Life On Mars’ Getting Korean Remakes – BBC Showcase
- Fox News Launching Standalone Subscription Service Fox Nation
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…