Crash actress Arlene Tur is joining the upcoming fourth season of Torchwood as a recurring. The news comes as producers of the British-born cult hit continue their exhaustive search for two new series regulars to join franchise vets John Barrowman and Eve Myles. Enver Gjokai (Dollhouse) and Chad Michael Murray (One Tree Hill) had been circling the male role — a sharp-as-nails, funny-as-hell, tough-as-rawhide CIA agent — but producers ultimately deemed neither to be a good fit. (I’m told a feeler was also put out to James Wolk, the breakout star of Fox’s short-lived Lone Star, but he passed.) Greek’s Amber Stevens, meanwhile, had been circling the female part — a CIA Watch Analyst who possesses an unshakable faith in human nature. Tur will play a surgeon by the name of Vera Juarez. Starz recently nabbed domestic rights to the show’s fourth season in a co-production deal with BBC Worldwide Prods. Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the early ‘11 launch of a new TV-centric website.
'Crash' Star Arlene Tur Boards 'Torchwood' As Search For New Regulars Intensifies
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series