Crash actress Arlene Tur is joining the upcoming fourth season of Torchwood as a recurring. The news comes as producers of the British-born cult hit continue their exhaustive search for two new series regulars to join franchise vets John Barrowman and Eve Myles. Enver Gjokai (Dollhouse) and Chad Michael Murray (One Tree Hill) had been circling the male role — a sharp-as-nails, funny-as-hell, tough-as-rawhide CIA agent — but producers ultimately deemed neither to be a good fit. (I’m told a feeler was also put out to James Wolk, the breakout star of Fox’s short-lived Lone Star, but he passed.) Greek’s Amber Stevens, meanwhile, had been circling the female part — a CIA Watch Analyst who possesses an unshakable faith in human nature. Tur will play a surgeon by the name of Vera Juarez. Starz recently nabbed domestic rights to the show’s fourth season in a co-production deal with BBC Worldwide Prods. Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the early ‘11 launch of a new TV-centric website.
'Crash' Star Arlene Tur Boards 'Torchwood' As Search For New Regulars Intensifies
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
- ‘Will & Grace’ Cast React To Season 3 Renewal; Talk Favorite Guest Stars
- ‘Will & Grace’ Revival Renewed For Season 3 By NBC, Season 2 Expanded
- ‘Harry & Meghan’ Teaser: First Look At The Lifetime Royal Romance
- ‘Scandal’ Wraps Production Of Series Finale In A Blaze Of Social-Media Glory
- NCAA Nabs Friday’s Top Spot, ‘MasterChef Junior’ Strong, ‘Taken’ Grabs Season High Crowd