Crash actress Arlene Tur is joining the upcoming fourth season of Torchwood as a recurring. The news comes as producers of the British-born cult hit continue their exhaustive search for two new series regulars to join franchise vets John Barrowman and Eve Myles. Enver Gjokai (Dollhouse) and Chad Michael Murray (One Tree Hill) had been circling the male role — a sharp-as-nails, funny-as-hell, tough-as-rawhide CIA agent — but producers ultimately deemed neither to be a good fit. (I’m told a feeler was also put out to James Wolk, the breakout star of Fox’s short-lived Lone Star, but he passed.) Greek’s Amber Stevens, meanwhile, had been circling the female part — a CIA Watch Analyst who possesses an unshakable faith in human nature. Tur will play a surgeon by the name of Vera Juarez. Starz recently nabbed domestic rights to the show’s fourth season in a co-production deal with BBC Worldwide Prods. Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the early ‘11 launch of a new TV-centric website.
'Crash' Star Arlene Tur Boards 'Torchwood' As Search For New Regulars Intensifies
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book