Crash actress Arlene Tur is joining the upcoming fourth season of Torchwood as a recurring. The news comes as producers of the British-born cult hit continue their exhaustive search for two new series regulars to join franchise vets John Barrowman and Eve Myles. Enver Gjokai (Dollhouse) and Chad Michael Murray (One Tree Hill) had been circling the male role — a sharp-as-nails, funny-as-hell, tough-as-rawhide CIA agent — but producers ultimately deemed neither to be a good fit. (I’m told a feeler was also put out to James Wolk, the breakout star of Fox’s short-lived Lone Star, but he passed.) Greek’s Amber Stevens, meanwhile, had been circling the female part — a CIA Watch Analyst who possesses an unshakable faith in human nature. Tur will play a surgeon by the name of Vera Juarez. Starz recently nabbed domestic rights to the show’s fourth season in a co-production deal with BBC Worldwide Prods. Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the early ‘11 launch of a new TV-centric website.
'Crash' Star Arlene Tur Boards 'Torchwood' As Search For New Regulars Intensifies
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest TV News
- Natalie Dormer To Topline & Produce Vivien Leigh Series With FremantleMedia & UK’s Mainstreet Pictures
- David Cross Latest ‘Arrested Development’ Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show’s UK Press…
- Harvey Weinstein Expected To Do Perp Walk Friday When He Surrenders To NYPD
- ‘Cobra Kai’: Martin Kove Becomes Series Regular For Season 2 Of YouTube Show
- ‘Big Little Lies’: P.J. Byrne Set For Season 2 Return
- ‘American Princess’: Lesley Ann Warren & Max Ehrich Set To Recur In Lifetime Series