Crash actress Arlene Tur is joining the upcoming fourth season of Torchwood as a recurring. The news comes as producers of the British-born cult hit continue their exhaustive search for two new series regulars to join franchise vets John Barrowman and Eve Myles. Enver Gjokai (Dollhouse) and Chad Michael Murray (One Tree Hill) had been circling the male role — a sharp-as-nails, funny-as-hell, tough-as-rawhide CIA agent — but producers ultimately deemed neither to be a good fit. (I’m told a feeler was also put out to James Wolk, the breakout star of Fox’s short-lived Lone Star, but he passed.) Greek’s Amber Stevens, meanwhile, had been circling the female part — a CIA Watch Analyst who possesses an unshakable faith in human nature. Tur will play a surgeon by the name of Vera Juarez. Starz recently nabbed domestic rights to the show’s fourth season in a co-production deal with BBC Worldwide Prods. Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the early ‘11 launch of a new TV-centric website.
'Crash' Star Arlene Tur Boards 'Torchwood' As Search For New Regulars Intensifies
What's Hot on Deadline
'Revenge' Ratings Leap After Cancellation, 'Secrets & Lies', 'Last Man On Earth' & 'Madam Secretary' Finales Even
Latest TV News
- Cary Elwes Joins ‘The Art Of More’ Drama Series On Crackle
- ‘Gotham’ Ratings Rise For Finale, Letterman Special Strong, ‘Voice’ Down
- Gale Anne Hurd's Valhalla Entertainment Renews Deal With Universal Cable Prods.
- Lester Holt Attracts Largest Audience In Evening News Race; David Muir Takes News Demo
- ‘Comedy Bang! Bang!’ Renewed For Season 5 By IFC
- ‘Borgen’ Creator Adam Price Preps Faith-Themed Drama ‘Rides Upon The Storm’