Crash actress Arlene Tur is joining the upcoming fourth season of Torchwood as a recurring. The news comes as producers of the British-born cult hit continue their exhaustive search for two new series regulars to join franchise vets John Barrowman and Eve Myles. Enver Gjokai (Dollhouse) and Chad Michael Murray (One Tree Hill) had been circling the male role — a sharp-as-nails, funny-as-hell, tough-as-rawhide CIA agent — but producers ultimately deemed neither to be a good fit. (I’m told a feeler was also put out to James Wolk, the breakout star of Fox’s short-lived Lone Star, but he passed.) Greek’s Amber Stevens, meanwhile, had been circling the female part — a CIA Watch Analyst who possesses an unshakable faith in human nature. Tur will play a surgeon by the name of Vera Juarez. Starz recently nabbed domestic rights to the show’s fourth season in a co-production deal with BBC Worldwide Prods. Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the early ‘11 launch of a new TV-centric website.
'Crash' Star Arlene Tur Boards 'Torchwood' As Search For New Regulars Intensifies
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- ‘Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve’ Heads To New Orleans For First-Ever Live Central Time Zone Countdown
- ‘Westworld’ Explosive Finale Recap “The Bicameral Mind”: New Gods Will Walk
- ‘Designated Survivor’ Taps New Showrunner As Jon Harmon Feldman Exits
- CBS Will Continue To Broadcast Kennedy Center Honors Through 2025
- Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls ‘SNL’-Watching Prez-Elect “Terrifying Lunatic”…
- Netflix’s ‘Marvel’s Luke Cage’ Gets Season 2, No Return Date Set