EXCLUSIVE: ABC is still high on Nicole Richie. The network just closed a deal for a single-camera comedy starring the celebrity mom, which will be written by Jeff Rake (Miss Match). The network first took a stab at developing a comedy vehicle for Richie centered on a professional woman/mom character last development season when the script was written by Daisy Gardner and supervised by Warren Bell. Jamie Tarses’ Fanfare and Sony TV, which were behind the project last year, are back as producers on the comedy, which has received a script commitment. Rake and Tarses will executive produce. Richie, who had the initial idea for the show, will get a producer credit, along with her manager Michael Baum. of Impression. Richie, who rose to fame as Paris Hilton’s co-star on the reality comedy The Simple Life, has done several guest appearances on comedy and drama series, including a two-episode stint on NBC’s Chuck.
Comedy Starring Nicole Richie Back In The Hopper At ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest TV News
- How Barbra Streisand Avoided #MeToo Moments In Her Career: ‘I Worked With Great Men’ – PaleyFest
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
- Trump’s Lawyer Sues Stormy Daniels For $20M In Advance Of ’60 Minutes’ Interview
- “What If Our Politicians Weren’t The Bitch Of NRA?” Parkland Student Asks In PSA
- NBC Wants ‘Tonight Show’ Discrimination Suit Moved To Arbitration, Or Dismissed