EXCLUSIVE: ABC is still high on Nicole Richie. The network just closed a deal for a single-camera comedy starring the celebrity mom, which will be written by Jeff Rake (Miss Match). The network first took a stab at developing a comedy vehicle for Richie centered on a professional woman/mom character last development season when the script was written by Daisy Gardner and supervised by Warren Bell. Jamie Tarses’ Fanfare and Sony TV, which were behind the project last year, are back as producers on the comedy, which has received a script commitment. Rake and Tarses will executive produce. Richie, who had the initial idea for the show, will get a producer credit, along with her manager Michael Baum. of Impression. Richie, who rose to fame as Paris Hilton’s co-star on the reality comedy The Simple Life, has done several guest appearances on comedy and drama series, including a two-episode stint on NBC’s Chuck.
Comedy Starring Nicole Richie Back In The Hopper At ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest TV News
- ‘Charmed’ Star Sarah Jeffery Hits Back At Reboot Critics, Touts Its “Positive Effect”
- MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Reads Donald Trump’s Tweets — Until She Just Can’t Take It Anymore
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- LeBron James Tops Ratings For ESPN; Cavs Keep NBA Playoffs Dream Alive