EXCLUSIVE: ABC is still high on Nicole Richie. The network just closed a deal for a single-camera comedy starring the celebrity mom, which will be written by Jeff Rake (Miss Match). The network first took a stab at developing a comedy vehicle for Richie centered on a professional woman/mom character last development season when the script was written by Daisy Gardner and supervised by Warren Bell. Jamie Tarses’ Fanfare and Sony TV, which were behind the project last year, are back as producers on the comedy, which has received a script commitment. Rake and Tarses will executive produce. Richie, who had the initial idea for the show, will get a producer credit, along with her manager Michael Baum. of Impression. Richie, who rose to fame as Paris Hilton’s co-star on the reality comedy The Simple Life, has done several guest appearances on comedy and drama series, including a two-episode stint on NBC’s Chuck.
Comedy Starring Nicole Richie Back In The Hopper At ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest TV News
- Viceland Taps Marc Liepis As VP Communications
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?
- ‘Battlefield’-Inspired Live-Action Digital Series To Premiere On Go90
- Aisha Hinds To Star As Harriet Tubman In ‘Underground’ Season 2
- Michael Phelps Dives Into ‘America’s Got Talent’ Co-Hosting Gig Tonight
- BBC America To Air ‘Star Trek’ Marathon In Runup To ‘Dirk Gently’ Premiere