EXCLUSIVE: ABC is still high on Nicole Richie. The network just closed a deal for a single-camera comedy starring the celebrity mom, which will be written by Jeff Rake (Miss Match). The network first took a stab at developing a comedy vehicle for Richie centered on a professional woman/mom character last development season when the script was written by Daisy Gardner and supervised by Warren Bell. Jamie Tarses’ Fanfare and Sony TV, which were behind the project last year, are back as producers on the comedy, which has received a script commitment. Rake and Tarses will executive produce. Richie, who had the initial idea for the show, will get a producer credit, along with her manager Michael Baum. of Impression. Richie, who rose to fame as Paris Hilton’s co-star on the reality comedy The Simple Life, has done several guest appearances on comedy and drama series, including a two-episode stint on NBC’s Chuck.
Comedy Starring Nicole Richie Back In The Hopper At ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book