EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central has picked up an animated pilot from TV and film production company ShadowMachine (Robot Chicken, Moral Orel). The untitled project will serve as a showcase for original animated comedy shorts, with each micro series coming from a different creator/writer, utilizing a a different animated format – 2D, CGI, Stop-mo, etc. – and varying in length depending on the show. “When I was first approached about this, I thought, ‘yes, let’s do a show where the characters have a lot of energy,’ said Kent Alterman, Comedy Central’s head of programming and production. “Then it was explained to me that it would literally be animated, and I thought, ‘even better.’” Executive producing the project, which is envisioned as a springboard for potential new full-length animation series, are Alex Bulkley and Corey Campodonico of ShadowMachine and writer-director Tom Gianas (Human Giant, SNL). “Some of the best animated comedies in television began as shorts and we are thrilled to be building the platform for the next big hit,” Bulkley and Campodonico said.
Comedy Central Orders Animated Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations