EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central has picked up an animated pilot from TV and film production company ShadowMachine (Robot Chicken, Moral Orel). The untitled project will serve as a showcase for original animated comedy shorts, with each micro series coming from a different creator/writer, utilizing a a different animated format – 2D, CGI, Stop-mo, etc. – and varying in length depending on the show. “When I was first approached about this, I thought, ‘yes, let’s do a show where the characters have a lot of energy,’ said Kent Alterman, Comedy Central’s head of programming and production. “Then it was explained to me that it would literally be animated, and I thought, ‘even better.’” Executive producing the project, which is envisioned as a springboard for potential new full-length animation series, are Alex Bulkley and Corey Campodonico of ShadowMachine and writer-director Tom Gianas (Human Giant, SNL). “Some of the best animated comedies in television began as shorts and we are thrilled to be building the platform for the next big hit,” Bulkley and Campodonico said.
Comedy Central Orders Animated Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: Republican Party “Like The Titanic”; Says No Love Between Trump & California
- Paul McCartney Remembers Slain John Lennon: Celebrities On The March
- ‘March For Our Lives’ Gun Reform Rallies Take Over Media & World Stages
- Netflix Teams With Formula 1 Racing For New Series
- Bill Maher Says Breitbart & Bannon Just Bitter Hollywood Failures
- ‘The Simpsons’ Offers Fresh Video Send-up Of Trump Foibles: ‘A Tale Of Two Trumps’