EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central has picked up an animated pilot from TV and film production company ShadowMachine (Robot Chicken, Moral Orel). The untitled project will serve as a showcase for original animated comedy shorts, with each micro series coming from a different creator/writer, utilizing a a different animated format – 2D, CGI, Stop-mo, etc. – and varying in length depending on the show. “When I was first approached about this, I thought, ‘yes, let’s do a show where the characters have a lot of energy,’ said Kent Alterman, Comedy Central’s head of programming and production. “Then it was explained to me that it would literally be animated, and I thought, ‘even better.’” Executive producing the project, which is envisioned as a springboard for potential new full-length animation series, are Alex Bulkley and Corey Campodonico of ShadowMachine and writer-director Tom Gianas (Human Giant, SNL). “Some of the best animated comedies in television began as shorts and we are thrilled to be building the platform for the next big hit,” Bulkley and Campodonico said.
Comedy Central Orders Animated Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Enver Gjokaj Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- ABC Nabs Medical Drama From David Marshall Grant & Vendetta As Put Pilot
- NBC Buys Conspiracy Drama From Greg Berlanti & Martin Gero
- TNT & TBS Head Of Programming Michael Wright To Depart
- Johnny Knoxville Inks First Look Deal With ABC Studios, Sells Family Comedy To ABC
- 'Longmire' Cancelled By A&E, Will Be Shopped Elsewhere