The television division of Graham King and Tim Headington’s GK Films, GK-tv, announced it has inked a deal with Samuel Goldwyn Films to produce a contemporized TV adaptation of Lillian Hellman’s 1934 play The Children’s Hour. GK-tv will develop the project as an original TV movie. The modernized TV version of this story about relationships ruined by lies and rumors will incorporate the power of social media to alter and even destroy people’s lives. Search is underway for a writer to pen the 2-hour TV adaptation, and casting for the two female leads will begin immediately. The project was brought to GK-tv by Stefani Deoul and Russell D. Kolody of DK Prods. and they’ll produce. King, Headington, Cegielski and Samuel Goldwyn, Jr. will serve as executive producers. The play has had several Broadway runs and is now prepping a 2011 West End production. It also spawned a 1936 heterosexual feature adaptation titled These Three directed by William Wyler, who then helmed the 1961 version under the original title The Children’s Hour keeping the homosexual subtext intact and starring Audrey Hepburn and Shirley MacLaine.
'Children's Hour' Coming To TV Via GK-TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest TV News
- Fox News Launching Standalone Subscription Service Fox Nation
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”
- Donald Trump Will Attend This Year’s Gridiron Dinner; Still A “Maybe” On White House Correspondents…
- David Parfitt Accuses Harvey Weinstein Of Assaulting Him On ‘My Week With Marilyn’
- NBA All-Star Game Scores In Ratings For TNT & TBS