EXCLUSIVE: An empty nesters comedy from ‘Til Death creators Cathy Yuspa and Josh Goldsmith has landed at CBS. Titled Free, the multi-camera comedy centers on a married couple who explore their freedom and start to have fun and live their life when they drop their kids off at college. The husband-and-wife writing duo are writing-executive producing the project, which has received a script commitment. Sony Pictures TV, where Yuspa and Goldsmith are based with an overall deal, is producing. This is Yuspa and Goldsmith’s second project this development season. They are also writing My Life As an Experiment, a single-camera comedy for NBC based on the best-selling non-fiction book by A.J. Jacobs. The project, which they are executive producing with Jack Black, received a seven-figure penalty. Yuspa and Goldsmith have been in a similar situation before. Five years ago, they also set two projects, a multi-camera comedy involving empty nesters, ‘Til Death, and a single-camera comedy, Big Day. Both went to series at Fox and ABC, respectively. Free brings ICM-repped Yuspa and Goldsmith back at CBS where they worked on the long-running sitcom The King of Queens for 8 years, including serving as executive producers/showrunners. They also penned the half-hour pilot The Fish Talk for the network 2 seasons ago.
CBS Buys Comedy From Yuspa & Goldsmith
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive
- Zach Galifianakis & Louis C.K.'s Comedy 'Baskets' Gets FX Series Order
- Daniel Dae Kim To Produce Adaptation Of Korean Medical Drama 'Good Doctor' For CBS
- NBC Buys 'Assisted Loving' Comedy From Claudia Lonow