EXCLUSIVE: An empty nesters comedy from ‘Til Death creators Cathy Yuspa and Josh Goldsmith has landed at CBS. Titled Free, the multi-camera comedy centers on a married couple who explore their freedom and start to have fun and live their life when they drop their kids off at college. The husband-and-wife writing duo are writing-executive producing the project, which has received a script commitment. Sony Pictures TV, where Yuspa and Goldsmith are based with an overall deal, is producing. This is Yuspa and Goldsmith’s second project this development season. They are also writing My Life As an Experiment, a single-camera comedy for NBC based on the best-selling non-fiction book by A.J. Jacobs. The project, which they are executive producing with Jack Black, received a seven-figure penalty. Yuspa and Goldsmith have been in a similar situation before. Five years ago, they also set two projects, a multi-camera comedy involving empty nesters, ‘Til Death, and a single-camera comedy, Big Day. Both went to series at Fox and ABC, respectively. Free brings ICM-repped Yuspa and Goldsmith back at CBS where they worked on the long-running sitcom The King of Queens for 8 years, including serving as executive producers/showrunners. They also penned the half-hour pilot The Fish Talk for the network 2 seasons ago.
CBS Buys Comedy From Yuspa & Goldsmith
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Review: Elisabeth Moss-Led Adaptation Is Gripping, Chilling
- ‘Prison Break’ Revival Kills Off Major Character
- Stephen Colbert Likens Sean Spicer’s Press Briefings To Soap Opera ‘The Bold And The Babbling’
- Mark Consuelos Joins ‘Riverdale’ For Season 2; ‘Suits’ Casts Dulé Hill
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Fox News Strike Back At “Copycat” Racial Discrimination Suits From Staff – Update