Baz Luhrmann isn’t the only director meeting with top young actresses for a project. Much the way that Luhrmann has a top group of thesps he’ll read with to find Daisy Buchanan in The Great Gatsby, Crowe has a short list to play the female lead opposite Matt Damon in We Bought A Zoo, the Benjamin Mee memoir about an American who moves to England to operate a zoo. I’m hearing that the top contender is Scarlett Johansson, but that Amy Adams, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Rachel McAdams are also in the mix. Crowe and Aline Brosh McKenna wrote the script.
Cameron Crowe Eyes Actresses For 'Zoo'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Moana' Close To 'Frozen'; Awards Raise 'Manchester's Tide; 'Jackie' Still Regal - Saturday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Alice Drummond Dies; Veteran Character Actress Was 88
- Pharrell Williams On His ‘Hidden Figures’ Contribution: “It Made Sense For Everything We Stand For”
- Haim Saban Slams DNC Chair Hopeful Keith Ellison: “Anti-Semitic And Anti-Israel”
- Johnny Depp, Sam Raimi & Others Contribute To Film By 16-Year Old Cancer Patient
- ‘Jackie’ Review: Natalie Portman Astonishes With A Side Of Jackie Kennedy Never Before Seen
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: When Warren Met Kirk; #OscarsSoWhite A Thing Of The Past?