Baz Luhrmann isn’t the only director meeting with top young actresses for a project. Much the way that Luhrmann has a top group of thesps he’ll read with to find Daisy Buchanan in The Great Gatsby, Crowe has a short list to play the female lead opposite Matt Damon in We Bought A Zoo, the Benjamin Mee memoir about an American who moves to England to operate a zoo. I’m hearing that the top contender is Scarlett Johansson, but that Amy Adams, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Rachel McAdams are also in the mix. Crowe and Aline Brosh McKenna wrote the script.
Cameron Crowe Eyes Actresses For 'Zoo'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Trump-Linked Cambridge Analytica Stole Data From 50M Facebook Users And "Targeted Their Inner Demons:" Reports
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings