Baz Luhrmann isn’t the only director meeting with top young actresses for a project. Much the way that Luhrmann has a top group of thesps he’ll read with to find Daisy Buchanan in The Great Gatsby, Crowe has a short list to play the female lead opposite Matt Damon in We Bought A Zoo, the Benjamin Mee memoir about an American who moves to England to operate a zoo. I’m hearing that the top contender is Scarlett Johansson, but that Amy Adams, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Rachel McAdams are also in the mix. Crowe and Aline Brosh McKenna wrote the script.
Cameron Crowe Eyes Actresses For 'Zoo'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Feels "Blessed" By Donald Trump's Pick Of Potty-Mouth Scaramucci As Communications Chief
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest Film News
- Al Gore Tests Box Office Climate With 'An Inconvenient Sequel'; New Pics With Cotillard, Butler & Cera…
- ‘The Murders Of Molly Southbourne’ Picked Up By Cathy Schulman’s Welle Entertainment
- New ‘Flint’ Water Crisis Documentary Unveiled At Traverse City Film Festival
- George Clooney Promises Legal Action Over Paparazzi Photos Of Infants
- Marty Sklar Dies: Longtime Imagineer, Theme Park Designer & Walt Disney’s “Right-Hand Man” Was 83
- Peter Bart: Police Sadism In ‘Detroit’ May Stir Audiences, But Will It Also Provoke Them?