Baz Luhrmann isn’t the only director meeting with top young actresses for a project. Much the way that Luhrmann has a top group of thesps he’ll read with to find Daisy Buchanan in The Great Gatsby, Crowe has a short list to play the female lead opposite Matt Damon in We Bought A Zoo, the Benjamin Mee memoir about an American who moves to England to operate a zoo. I’m hearing that the top contender is Scarlett Johansson, but that Amy Adams, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Rachel McAdams are also in the mix. Crowe and Aline Brosh McKenna wrote the script.
Cameron Crowe Eyes Actresses For 'Zoo'
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest Film News
- ‘Superfly’ Helmer Director X On Making An Action Film That Is “An Escape With Melanin”…
- Sam Rockwell Joins Scarlett Johansson In ‘Jojo Rabbit’
- Charles Bohl Dies: ‘Swimfan’ Writer Also Penned Telefilms
- Hot Cannes Title: BLOOM To Sell International On Julius Onah-Helmed ‘Luce’
- Big Tribeca Deal: Apple Pays 7-Figures For Ed Sheeran Documentary ‘Songwriter’
- Verve Launches Publishing Division And Hires Lit Agent Liz Parker To Run It