After several years in development, first at NBC and then at History, the U.S. adaptation of the hit British unscripted series Top Gear made it on the air last night. The History series debuted to respectable ratings – 1.9 million viewers, 1.1 million of them in the adults 18-49 demo. It didn’t come close to breaking any records though – for instance, History’s American Pickers drew 3.1 million in its series premiere earlier this year.
CABLE RAT RACE: OK Start For 'Top Gear'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The White Princess': Alex Kalymnios To Direct Starz Miniseries; Amy Manson, Andrew Whipp, Patrick Gibson Join Cast
Latest TV News
- New UTA Venue Giving Artists Some Space
- Chastity Dotson To Recur On Amazon’s ‘Patriot’ & Fox’s ‘Pitch’
- ABC Buys Iranian-American Family Comedy From Andrew Reich & Reza Aslan
- CBS Nabs Dan Kopelman Comedy About Man’s Life With Production Commitment
- Donald Trump Doesn’t Mention Wall Payment In Meeting With Mexico President; TV News Nets Pounce
- G.O.O.D. Music Star Teyana Taylor Joins ‘The Breaks’ On VH1