After several years in development, first at NBC and then at History, the U.S. adaptation of the hit British unscripted series Top Gear made it on the air last night. The History series debuted to respectable ratings – 1.9 million viewers, 1.1 million of them in the adults 18-49 demo. It didn’t come close to breaking any records though – for instance, History’s American Pickers drew 3.1 million in its series premiere earlier this year.
CABLE RAT RACE: OK Start For 'Top Gear'
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Fashion Soap From Conde Nast & ‘Empire’ Exec Producer Sanaa Hamri
- NYC Film Office Launches Effort To Boost Women Filmmakers
- ‘Luke Cage’ EP On Marvel Series’ Hip-Hop Pulse, The Power Of A Bulletproof Black Man…
- ‘Designated Survivor’ & ‘Lethal Weapon’ Post Modest Week 2 Ratings Dips, ‘Criminal Minds’ & ‘Code…
- ‘Nashville’ Adds Joseph David-Jones & Cameron Scoggins As Recurring For Season 5
- ‘Crisis In Six Scenes’ Review: Woody Allen’s Limp Amazon Series Is All Old Tricks