After several years in development, first at NBC and then at History, the U.S. adaptation of the hit British unscripted series Top Gear made it on the air last night. The History series debuted to respectable ratings – 1.9 million viewers, 1.1 million of them in the adults 18-49 demo. It didn’t come close to breaking any records though – for instance, History’s American Pickers drew 3.1 million in its series premiere earlier this year.
CABLE RAT RACE: OK Start For 'Top Gear'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- Fox Business Network & Leftfield Settle Lawsuit Over Scrapped Reality Series
- David Muir, Jussie Smollett Join Kelly Ripa’s ‘Live’ Guest Co-Host List – Update
- Les Moonves Calls Not Embracing Diversity “Stupid”, Universal’s Jeff Shell Tells Confab Movie Biz 10-Yrs…
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘Underground’ EPs Talk Of “Seasons & Seasons”…
- Natalie Morales Heading West To Host ‘Access Hollywood’ & Anchor West Coast ‘Today’
- Vine Star Amanda Cerny Signs With CAA