After several years in development, first at NBC and then at History, the U.S. adaptation of the hit British unscripted series Top Gear made it on the air last night. The History series debuted to respectable ratings – 1.9 million viewers, 1.1 million of them in the adults 18-49 demo. It didn’t come close to breaking any records though – for instance, History’s American Pickers drew 3.1 million in its series premiere earlier this year.
CABLE RAT RACE: OK Start For 'Top Gear'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- DraftKings & FanDuel Settle NY Lawsuits For $12M
- ‘Man With A Plan’ Off To OK Ratings Start
- CNN Logs Fourth Demo Win For 15-Year Best; FNC Tops Cable In Total Viewers For 10th Week
- ‘Seven Seconds’: David Lyons & Beau Knapp To Co-Star In Netflix Drama Series
- ‘Zero Days’ Premiere Moved Up As Showtime Rides Cyberwarfare Wave
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Primetime Election Special Set For November 7