After several years in development, first at NBC and then at History, the U.S. adaptation of the hit British unscripted series Top Gear made it on the air last night. The History series debuted to respectable ratings – 1.9 million viewers, 1.1 million of them in the adults 18-49 demo. It didn’t come close to breaking any records though – for instance, History’s American Pickers drew 3.1 million in its series premiere earlier this year.
CABLE RAT RACE: OK Start For 'Top Gear'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- David Fincher & James Ellroy Developing 1950s Los Angeles Drama For HBO
- Barbie Kligman Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- 'Survivor' Finale On Par, 'Hell's Kitchen' Closer Slips From Last Season
- Amber West To Star In Jerrod Carmichael NBC Comedy Pilot
- Sarah Silverman To Star In HBO Pilot From 'Secret Diary Of A Call Girl' Creator
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group