After several years in development, first at NBC and then at History, the U.S. adaptation of the hit British unscripted series Top Gear made it on the air last night. The History series debuted to respectable ratings – 1.9 million viewers, 1.1 million of them in the adults 18-49 demo. It didn’t come close to breaking any records though – for instance, History’s American Pickers drew 3.1 million in its series premiere earlier this year.
CABLE RAT RACE: OK Start For 'Top Gear'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Andreeva
- Chris Long Inks Warner Bros. TV Deal
- CBS Buys Genius Comedy From Michelle Morgan & Aaron Kaplan
- 2014 Primetime Emmy Awards Party List
- Aaron Paul Starts Production Company, Inks First-Look Deal With Sony TV
- 'Wizard Of Oz'-Themed Series 'Emerald City' Not Going Forward At NBC
- 'Bates Motel's Freddie Highmore & Kerry Ehrin Sell Romantic Comedy To NBC