After several years in development, first at NBC and then at History, the U.S. adaptation of the hit British unscripted series Top Gear made it on the air last night. The History series debuted to respectable ratings – 1.9 million viewers, 1.1 million of them in the adults 18-49 demo. It didn’t come close to breaking any records though – for instance, History’s American Pickers drew 3.1 million in its series premiere earlier this year.
CABLE RAT RACE: OK Start For 'Top Gear'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.6M; 'X-Men' Cumes $186M - Intl Box Office
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
'The Carmichael Show' Star On Tonight's Donald Trump Fueled Finale, Bill Cosby's Trial, Season 3 & "Big Picture" NBC
Latest TV News
- ‘The Carmichael Show’ Ends Season Quietly On Low-Rated Holiday Sunday
- André Rousselet Dies: Canal Plus Founder & Mitterand Cabinet Director Was 93
- ‘Top Gear’ Averages 4.3 Million Viewers In Season Opener, Takes Social Media Hits
- ‘The Carmichael Show’ Star On Tonight’s Donald Trump Fueled Finale, Bill Cosby’s Trial, Season 3 & “Big…
- TNT: NBA Western Conference Finals Game 6 Coverage A Ratings Slam Dunk
- ‘Chelsea’ Executive Producer Bill Wolff Departs Netflix Talk Show