After several years in development, first at NBC and then at History, the U.S. adaptation of the hit British unscripted series Top Gear made it on the air last night. The History series debuted to respectable ratings – 1.9 million viewers, 1.1 million of them in the adults 18-49 demo. It didn’t come close to breaking any records though – for instance, History’s American Pickers drew 3.1 million in its series premiere earlier this year.
CABLE RAT RACE: OK Start For 'Top Gear'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Acorn TV Commissions Original ‘London Kills’ From ‘Suspects’ Paul Marquess
- Police Shooting Protest Delays NBA Hawks-Kings Game – Fans Turned Away
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Spinoff ‘Station 19’: How Creator Stacy McKee Is Stoking The Fire
- “Frivolous” AMC Ripped In ‘Walking Dead’ Suit By CAA & Frank Darabont, Again
- NBC's Diverse Late Night Writers Program Names 2018 Class
- Margot Robbie To Produce Female-Focused Shakespearean Drama Series With ‘Secrets & Lies’ Producer & ABC…