After several years in development, first at NBC and then at History, the U.S. adaptation of the hit British unscripted series Top Gear made it on the air last night. The History series debuted to respectable ratings – 1.9 million viewers, 1.1 million of them in the adults 18-49 demo. It didn’t come close to breaking any records though – for instance, History’s American Pickers drew 3.1 million in its series premiere earlier this year.
CABLE RAT RACE: OK Start For 'Top Gear'
What's Hot on Deadline
California Wildfires: Santa Barbara Orders Mandatory Evacuations, Celebrity Homes Threatened— Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Premiere Date Set For Syndication Debut On TBS
- ‘Homeland’: ‘The Americans’ Costa Ronin To Play Russian Gangster On Showtime Drama
- Three Trump Sex Accusers Tell Megyn Kelly “It Hurt” As Nikki Haley Says “They Should Be Heard”
- ‘Fuller House’ Season 3 Trailer: A Proposal, A Pregnancy & A Trip To Tokyo
- Steelers Squeaker Slumps ‘Sunday Night Football’ In Metered Market Stats
- Golden Globes: Geoffrey Rush Reacts To Nominations Following Allegations