After several years in development, first at NBC and then at History, the U.S. adaptation of the hit British unscripted series Top Gear made it on the air last night. The History series debuted to respectable ratings – 1.9 million viewers, 1.1 million of them in the adults 18-49 demo. It didn’t come close to breaking any records though – for instance, History’s American Pickers drew 3.1 million in its series premiere earlier this year.
CABLE RAT RACE: OK Start For 'Top Gear'
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest TV News
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better
- ‘Quantico’ Adds Three Recurring To Cast
- Freeform/ABC Family Sets Winter Premieres For New, Returning Shows
- Kevin Bacon To Star In & Exec Produce ‘Tremors’ TV Reboot
- Justice Department Probes Comcast’s Clout In Local Pay TV Ad Sales
- Robert Downey Jr. & Chris Evans To Assemble On ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ For “Big Surprise” Tonight