After several years in development, first at NBC and then at History, the U.S. adaptation of the hit British unscripted series Top Gear made it on the air last night. The History series debuted to respectable ratings – 1.9 million viewers, 1.1 million of them in the adults 18-49 demo. It didn’t come close to breaking any records though – for instance, History’s American Pickers drew 3.1 million in its series premiere earlier this year.
CABLE RAT RACE: OK Start For 'Top Gear'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest TV News
- ‘Black Mirror’ Creator Charlie Brooker On His Affinity For “Idea-Based Dramas” And What’s To Come In…
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’: Alexis Bledel To Return As Series Regular In Season 2
- HBO Defends John Oliver Over Lump Of Coal Lawsuit From Mocked Mine Owner
- Leaner ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Resumes Production Next Week
- Kilburn TV Acquires Global Rights For Human Head Transplant Docuseries
- Altice USA Shares Rise As It Goes Public On Anniversary Of Cablevision Deal