After several years in development, first at NBC and then at History, the U.S. adaptation of the hit British unscripted series Top Gear made it on the air last night. The History series debuted to respectable ratings – 1.9 million viewers, 1.1 million of them in the adults 18-49 demo. It didn’t come close to breaking any records though – for instance, History’s American Pickers drew 3.1 million in its series premiere earlier this year.
CABLE RAT RACE: OK Start For 'Top Gear'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Being Evel' Producer Johnny Knoxville At Sundance: Daredevil Tales And The Price Of Pushing The Envelope
More From Andreeva
- Maya Rudolph & Jaden Smith To Appear In Diallo Riddle/Bashir Salahuddin HBO Pilot
- Tyler James Williams Cast In ‘Criminal Minds’ Spinoff
- ‘Code Black’ Medical Drama From Michael Seitzman, Divorced-Dad Comedy Get CBS Pilot Orders
- ‘Togetherness’ Renewed For Season 2 By HBO
- Brianna Brown Returns To ‘Devious Maids’ As Series Regular
- Trio Exit Circle Of Confusion To Form New Management/Production Company