After several years in development, first at NBC and then at History, the U.S. adaptation of the hit British unscripted series Top Gear made it on the air last night. The History series debuted to respectable ratings – 1.9 million viewers, 1.1 million of them in the adults 18-49 demo. It didn’t come close to breaking any records though – for instance, History’s American Pickers drew 3.1 million in its series premiere earlier this year.
CABLE RAT RACE: OK Start For 'Top Gear'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Will Win Third Weekend Lap With $20M, But It's 'Baahubali 2' That's Surprising - Box Office
Director Jim Sheridan's Next: 'H-Block' Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Elizabeth Warren Ignores Bill Maher’s “Pocahontas” Joke
- WGA & AMPTP Talks To Resume On Sunday As Contract Deadline Looms
- PILOTS 2017: Early Pre-Screenings Buzz
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’: Hacker Says He Stole New Season, Demands Ransom From Netflix
- ABC Buys Time Loop Mystery ‘Echo Point’ From ‘Good Neighbor’ Scribe & Safehouse
- ‘Z: The Beginning of Everything’ Star Christina Ricci On Presenting Zelda Fitzgerald’s Full Humanity