After several years in development, first at NBC and then at History, the U.S. adaptation of the hit British unscripted series Top Gear made it on the air last night. The History series debuted to respectable ratings – 1.9 million viewers, 1.1 million of them in the adults 18-49 demo. It didn’t come close to breaking any records though – for instance, History’s American Pickers drew 3.1 million in its series premiere earlier this year.
CABLE RAT RACE: OK Start For 'Top Gear'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Sky Arts To Tell Neil Gaiman’s ‘Likely Stories’ With George MacKay, Tom Hughes
- ‘Top Gear’ Confirms Hosts Set To Join Chris Evans, Matt LeBlanc For BBC Reboot
- Stephen Colbert Asks Bernie Sanders If His “Revolution” Might Lead To Violence
- SAG-AFTRA Applauds WIPO Beijing Treaty On Performers’ Rights
- Herb Braha Dies: ‘Godspell’ Original & Founder Of Costume Supply House Was 69
- Fox Orders ‘Chad’ Comedy Pilot Starring Nasim Pedrad As Teen Middle Eastern Boy