Alex Murray has ended his partnership with John MacDonald in MacDonald-Murray Management and has become a manager at Brillstein Entertainment Partners. Murray reps standup comics, personalities and comedy writers, and is bringing clients that include Jim Gaffigan, G4’s Web Soup host Chris Hardwick, Dan Finnerty and The Dan Band, NASCAR fixture-turned-comic Michael Waltrip and comedy writers/performers Brandon McMillan, Todd Glass, Jonah Ray, Daniel Kinno and David Feldman. Murray said that he has wanted to join BEP since leaving ICM in 2000. He hopes to build his comedy business in the model of Gaffigan, who’s also repped by CAA. Gaffigan has grown to become one of the top 5 touring comics in the country, and the millions he makes allows him to call the shots. He’s now branching into acting and next stars on Broadway in That Championship Season alongside Kiefer Sutherland, Jason Patric, Chris Noth and Brian Cox. Murray has helped Waltrip branch into hosting a comedy show, a reality series, and he’s writing a book on the Daytona 500. He’s also booking gigs for Finnerty and The Dan Band, best known for memorable appearances in Todd Phillips comedies like The Hangover, where Finnerty peppers his tunes with cuss words and overt sexual references.
Brillstein Hires Manager Alex Murray
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: Tom Rothman Rises; Adam Goodman Exits; Raunchy Comediennes
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?