EXCLUSIVE: Brothers & Sisters is reuniting Sally Field with her Norma Rae leading man Beau Bridges for a major romantic story arc to kick off early next year. Bridges, who co-starred as the title character’s husband Sonny in the 1979 pic, will play a love interest for Field’s Walker matriarch Nora in at least five episodes. The news comes as the ABC drama is enjoying a wave of momentum in its fifth season. After showing surprising ratings muscle this fall, the network increased the show’s episode order from 18 to 22 (a.k.a. a full season). Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the January launch of a new TV-centric website.
Beau Bridges Joins 'Brothers & Sisters'
What's Hot on Deadline
Natalie Portman, Nicholas Hoult & Thandie Newton Board Xavier Dolan's 'The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan' - Berlin
Amy Schumer Takes Serious Turn In 'Thank You For Your Service;' PTSD Drama By 'American Sniper' Scribe Jason Hall
Latest TV News
- Khloé Kardashian’s ‘Kocktails With Khloé’: FYI Orders More Episodes
- Bernie Sanders Eats Ice Cream, Shoots Hoops On ‘The View’ After Winning New Hampshire
- ‘Agent Carter’ Star Hayley Atwell To Topline ABC Drama Pilot ‘Conviction’
- Art & John Linson Developing 'Lawrence In Arabia' Middle East Drama For HBO
- Time Warner Says HBO Now Has 800K Subs As It Prepares Marketing Push
- ‘Flash’ Ratings Pick Up The Pace, ‘New Girl’ Even With Megan Fox, ‘Grinder’ Rises