EXCLUSIVE: Brothers & Sisters is reuniting Sally Field with her Norma Rae leading man Beau Bridges for a major romantic story arc to kick off early next year. Bridges, who co-starred as the title character’s husband Sonny in the 1979 pic, will play a love interest for Field’s Walker matriarch Nora in at least five episodes. The news comes as the ABC drama is enjoying a wave of momentum in its fifth season. After showing surprising ratings muscle this fall, the network increased the show’s episode order from 18 to 22 (a.k.a. a full season). Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the January launch of a new TV-centric website.
Beau Bridges Joins 'Brothers & Sisters'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- FX Buys Workplace Comedy From ‘You’re The Worst’s Stephen Falk & Eva Anderson
- ‘Better Late Than Never’ Ratings Steady With Premiere, ‘After Paradise’ Rises
- Jason Ritter To Recur In David E. Kelley’s Amazon Drama Series ‘Goliath’
- Stephen Colbert On Donald Trump’s Immigration Flip-Flop: “Electile Dysfunction”
- Netflix Orders Talk Show ‘Bill Nye Saves The World’
- Mary J. Blige To Guest Star In ‘How To Get Away With Murder’