EXCLUSIVE: Brothers & Sisters is reuniting Sally Field with her Norma Rae leading man Beau Bridges for a major romantic story arc to kick off early next year. Bridges, who co-starred as the title character’s husband Sonny in the 1979 pic, will play a love interest for Field’s Walker matriarch Nora in at least five episodes. The news comes as the ABC drama is enjoying a wave of momentum in its fifth season. After showing surprising ratings muscle this fall, the network increased the show’s episode order from 18 to 22 (a.k.a. a full season). Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the January launch of a new TV-centric website.
Beau Bridges Joins 'Brothers & Sisters'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Caitlyn Jenner Slams Donald Trump Over Transgender Military Ban; Hollywood Reacts To POTUS Tweets - Update
'Feud' Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland's Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘The Exorcist’ Adds Li Jun Li As Season 2 Series Regular
- Starz & 50 Cent Want Plug Pulled On ‘Power’ Copyright Suit
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Spinoff: Jaina Lee Ortiz To Star In New Shondaland Series On ABC
- ‘Boston Strong,’ ‘The Finest Hours’ Author Acquires Rights To Biker-Turns-Undercover-Cop True Story
- Bonnie Pan Tapped As AwesomenessTV Head Of Network
- Verve Launches Communications Arm, Hires Sarah Shulman To Run It