EXCLUSIVE: Brothers & Sisters is reuniting Sally Field with her Norma Rae leading man Beau Bridges for a major romantic story arc to kick off early next year. Bridges, who co-starred as the title character’s husband Sonny in the 1979 pic, will play a love interest for Field’s Walker matriarch Nora in at least five episodes. The news comes as the ABC drama is enjoying a wave of momentum in its fifth season. After showing surprising ratings muscle this fall, the network increased the show’s episode order from 18 to 22 (a.k.a. a full season). Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the January launch of a new TV-centric website.
Beau Bridges Joins 'Brothers & Sisters'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’: 5.81 Million Check In For Unveiling
- Peter Mensah To Haunt ‘Sleepy Hallow’; Elle McLemore Knows ‘Grease Live’ Is The Word
- ‘Impractical Jokers’ Renewed For Season 5 By TruTV
- HBO Hires Film Producer & Executive Nora Skinner As SVP Drama Programming
- Murdoch Apologizes For “Real Black President” Tweet But Ben Carson Defends It
- Hy Hollinger Dies: Longtime Hollywood Trade Reporter Was 97