EXCLUSIVE: Brothers & Sisters is reuniting Sally Field with her Norma Rae leading man Beau Bridges for a major romantic story arc to kick off early next year. Bridges, who co-starred as the title character’s husband Sonny in the 1979 pic, will play a love interest for Field’s Walker matriarch Nora in at least five episodes. The news comes as the ABC drama is enjoying a wave of momentum in its fifth season. After showing surprising ratings muscle this fall, the network increased the show’s episode order from 18 to 22 (a.k.a. a full season). Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the January launch of a new TV-centric website.
Beau Bridges Joins 'Brothers & Sisters'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book