EXCLUSIVE: Brothers & Sisters is reuniting Sally Field with her Norma Rae leading man Beau Bridges for a major romantic story arc to kick off early next year. Bridges, who co-starred as the title character’s husband Sonny in the 1979 pic, will play a love interest for Field’s Walker matriarch Nora in at least five episodes. The news comes as the ABC drama is enjoying a wave of momentum in its fifth season. After showing surprising ratings muscle this fall, the network increased the show’s episode order from 18 to 22 (a.k.a. a full season). Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the January launch of a new TV-centric website.
Beau Bridges Joins 'Brothers & Sisters'
What's Hot on Deadline
Daniel Craig And Katherine Heigl Finalizing Deals To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' As James Bond News Surfaces
Latest TV News
- Bernie Sanders Takes ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ Victory Lap After Donald Trump Takes Debate Bait
- LA Screenings Buzz: The Hottest Titles, Boom Of Remakes & Hunt For Procedurals
- ‘Bloodline’ Season 2 Review: Riveting Netflix Drama Gets Darker & Better
- Agent Ken Stovitz Departing Paradigm To Join MGMT As Manager/Producer
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins HBO’s ‘Insecure’; Jamie Ward In FX’s ‘Tyrant’
- Full 2015-16 TV Season Series Rankings: ‘Blindspot’, ‘Life In Pieces’ & ‘Quantico…