EXCLUSIVE: Brothers & Sisters is reuniting Sally Field with her Norma Rae leading man Beau Bridges for a major romantic story arc to kick off early next year. Bridges, who co-starred as the title character’s husband Sonny in the 1979 pic, will play a love interest for Field’s Walker matriarch Nora in at least five episodes. The news comes as the ABC drama is enjoying a wave of momentum in its fifth season. After showing surprising ratings muscle this fall, the network increased the show’s episode order from 18 to 22 (a.k.a. a full season). Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the January launch of a new TV-centric website.
Beau Bridges Joins 'Brothers & Sisters'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Latest TV News
- Men Earn 18.9% More Than Women At BBC Worldwide Following Gender Pay Audit
- Sky Reveals Men Earn 11.5% More Than Women As Pay-TV Firm Publishes UK Gender Pay Gap Figures
- Cécile Frot-Coutaz Exiting As CEO Of FremantleMedia To Head YouTube In Europe
- ‘Supernatural’ EPs & Cast On Potential Season 14 Pick Up & What To Expect In The Remaining Episodes
- Jimmy Kimmel Lacerates Donald Trump For Congratulating Vladimir Putin On Fixed Election Win
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?