EXCLUSIVE: The girls are rising on The Big Bang Theory this season. The CBS comedy — which just upped costar Melissa Rauch to a full-fledged series regular — has rewarded Mayim Bialik with a similar bump. The former Blossom star made her debut as Sheldon’s quasi-girlfriend in last season’s finale and returned this fall on a recurring basis. Like Rauch, Bialik’s new deal is for this season only and — unlike the show’s central quintet — doesn’t call for her to appear in all episodes produced. Still, her promotion brings the number of female regulars on Big Bang to 3, improving the balance between the sexes on the comedy series which has 4 male regulars. Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the January launch of a new TV-centric website.
'Bang Theory' Ups Mayim Bialik to Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’
- ‘Downward Dog’ Canceled By ABC After 1 Season, Will Be Shopped To Other Nets