EXCLUSIVE: The girls are rising on The Big Bang Theory this season. The CBS comedy — which just upped costar Melissa Rauch to a full-fledged series regular — has rewarded Mayim Bialik with a similar bump. The former Blossom star made her debut as Sheldon’s quasi-girlfriend in last season’s finale and returned this fall on a recurring basis. Like Rauch, Bialik’s new deal is for this season only and — unlike the show’s central quintet — doesn’t call for her to appear in all episodes produced. Still, her promotion brings the number of female regulars on Big Bang to 3, improving the balance between the sexes on the comedy series which has 4 male regulars. Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the January launch of a new TV-centric website.
'Bang Theory' Ups Mayim Bialik to Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'