EXCLUSIVE: The girls are rising on The Big Bang Theory this season. The CBS comedy — which just upped costar Melissa Rauch to a full-fledged series regular — has rewarded Mayim Bialik with a similar bump. The former Blossom star made her debut as Sheldon’s quasi-girlfriend in last season’s finale and returned this fall on a recurring basis. Like Rauch, Bialik’s new deal is for this season only and — unlike the show’s central quintet — doesn’t call for her to appear in all episodes produced. Still, her promotion brings the number of female regulars on Big Bang to 3, improving the balance between the sexes on the comedy series which has 4 male regulars. Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the January launch of a new TV-centric website.
'Bang Theory' Ups Mayim Bialik to Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
Latest TV News
- Timothy Hutton To Star In ‘Main Justice’; David Semel To Direct, Sunil Nayar Set As Showrunner Of CBS Pilot
- MSNBC Alum Dylan Ratigan Running For Congress
- CBS Launches ‘Eye Speak’ Female Empowerment & Leadership Program
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Graves Disease; Show To Go On 3-Week Hiatus
- Tyler Labine To Co-Star In NBC’s Bellevue Medical Drama Pilot
- Rose Rollins Joins Ilene Chaiken & Melissa Scrivner Love's Fox Drama Pilot