EXCLUSIVE: The girls are rising on The Big Bang Theory this season. The CBS comedy — which just upped costar Melissa Rauch to a full-fledged series regular — has rewarded Mayim Bialik with a similar bump. The former Blossom star made her debut as Sheldon’s quasi-girlfriend in last season’s finale and returned this fall on a recurring basis. Like Rauch, Bialik’s new deal is for this season only and — unlike the show’s central quintet — doesn’t call for her to appear in all episodes produced. Still, her promotion brings the number of female regulars on Big Bang to 3, improving the balance between the sexes on the comedy series which has 4 male regulars. Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the January launch of a new TV-centric website.
'Bang Theory' Ups Mayim Bialik to Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring