Erica Hill’s star is rising fast at CBS. In an overhaul of the anchor team at The Early Show, which has been trailing the morning program competition, co-anchors Harry Smith and Maggie Rodriguez and weather anchor Dave Price are out. Hill, who joined The Early Show 10 months ago as news anchor of the weekday program and co-anchor of the weekend edition with Chris Wragge, will now co-anchor the weekday Early Show along with Wragge. Marysol Castro, formerly of ABC’s Good Morning America weekend edition, has been tapped as the new weather anchor, while Jeff Glor will serve as news anchor. The changes will go in effect on Jan. 3. “The Early Show is an important element of CBS News,” CBS News and Sports president McManus said. “We constantly focus on how to improve the broadcast, and we think we have a terrific combination in Erica, Chris, Jeff and Marysol.” According to CBS News’ release, Smith and Price, who had been anchoring The Early Show since 2002, and Rodriguez, who replaced Hannah Storm in 2008, will stay with CBS News in a different capacities.
Anchor Shakeup On CBS' 'The Early Show'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Pacing Behind 'Ultron' But Still Super With $178M-$188M Opening - Box Office
Alicia Vikander Launches Vikarious Productions; Sets First Project 'Euphoria' With Eva Green- Cannes
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
Latest TV News
- ‘American Gods’: Starz Series To Recast Mad Sweeney Role, Changes DP
- ‘Keeping Up With The Kardashians’ & ‘#RichKids Of Beverly Hills’ Ratings Up In Live+3
- ‘Ray Donovan’ Season 4 Trailer: They’re After His Family, And He’s After Retribution
- Cinco de Mayo Revelry Take Bite Out Of CBS’ ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Ratings
- ‘Feed The Beast’: AMC Moves Premiere Date To Follow ‘Preacher’
- Sumner Redstone Trial: "Severely Impaired" Mogul Suffering From Dementia, Doctor Tells Court