Erica Hill’s star is rising fast at CBS. In an overhaul of the anchor team at The Early Show, which has been trailing the morning program competition, co-anchors Harry Smith and Maggie Rodriguez and weather anchor Dave Price are out. Hill, who joined The Early Show 10 months ago as news anchor of the weekday program and co-anchor of the weekend edition with Chris Wragge, will now co-anchor the weekday Early Show along with Wragge. Marysol Castro, formerly of ABC’s Good Morning America weekend edition, has been tapped as the new weather anchor, while Jeff Glor will serve as news anchor. The changes will go in effect on Jan. 3. “The Early Show is an important element of CBS News,” CBS News and Sports president McManus said. “We constantly focus on how to improve the broadcast, and we think we have a terrific combination in Erica, Chris, Jeff and Marysol.” According to CBS News’ release, Smith and Price, who had been anchoring The Early Show since 2002, and Rodriguez, who replaced Hannah Storm in 2008, will stay with CBS News in a different capacities.
Anchor Shakeup On CBS' 'The Early Show'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Slams ‘Bait’-Taking Liberals & Huggy, Panda-Loving TV Journalists
- UTA Rally: “This Is Our Time To Resist,” Jodie Foster Tells Crowd; Asghar Farhadi Speaks Via Video – Watch
- Lenny Platt Joins CBS Pilot ‘Perfect Citizen’; Demetrius Grosse Cast In NBC’s ‘For God And Country…
- ‘Sun Records’ Off To Strong Ratings Start On CMT
- Trond Fausa & Dan Gill Join Fox’s ‘Thin Ice’ Comedy Pilot
- Erinn Westbrook & Michael Provost Join ‘Insatiable’; Brooke Lyons In ‘Life Sentence’