Erica Hill’s star is rising fast at CBS. In an overhaul of the anchor team at The Early Show, which has been trailing the morning program competition, co-anchors Harry Smith and Maggie Rodriguez and weather anchor Dave Price are out. Hill, who joined The Early Show 10 months ago as news anchor of the weekday program and co-anchor of the weekend edition with Chris Wragge, will now co-anchor the weekday Early Show along with Wragge. Marysol Castro, formerly of ABC’s Good Morning America weekend edition, has been tapped as the new weather anchor, while Jeff Glor will serve as news anchor. The changes will go in effect on Jan. 3. “The Early Show is an important element of CBS News,” CBS News and Sports president McManus said. “We constantly focus on how to improve the broadcast, and we think we have a terrific combination in Erica, Chris, Jeff and Marysol.” According to CBS News’ release, Smith and Price, who had been anchoring The Early Show since 2002, and Rodriguez, who replaced Hannah Storm in 2008, will stay with CBS News in a different capacities.
Anchor Shakeup On CBS' 'The Early Show'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Humans’ Renewed For Season 3 By AMC
- WGA West's Board Votes To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Puts Jared Kushner In Charge Of Bureau Of Obvious Nepotism
- ‘Spaced Out’: Matt Shively & Christine Woods To Topline NBC Comedy Pilot
- Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show Renewed For Season 2
- ‘Fargo’ Season 3 Extended Trailer: “The Gloves Are Off Now” – You Betcha