Erica Hill’s star is rising fast at CBS. In an overhaul of the anchor team at The Early Show, which has been trailing the morning program competition, co-anchors Harry Smith and Maggie Rodriguez and weather anchor Dave Price are out. Hill, who joined The Early Show 10 months ago as news anchor of the weekday program and co-anchor of the weekend edition with Chris Wragge, will now co-anchor the weekday Early Show along with Wragge. Marysol Castro, formerly of ABC’s Good Morning America weekend edition, has been tapped as the new weather anchor, while Jeff Glor will serve as news anchor. The changes will go in effect on Jan. 3. “The Early Show is an important element of CBS News,” CBS News and Sports president McManus said. “We constantly focus on how to improve the broadcast, and we think we have a terrific combination in Erica, Chris, Jeff and Marysol.” According to CBS News’ release, Smith and Price, who had been anchoring The Early Show since 2002, and Rodriguez, who replaced Hannah Storm in 2008, will stay with CBS News in a different capacities.
Anchor Shakeup On CBS' 'The Early Show'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- Media-Loathing Donald Trump Launches Alt Nightly Campaign Coverage
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh