Erica Hill’s star is rising fast at CBS. In an overhaul of the anchor team at The Early Show, which has been trailing the morning program competition, co-anchors Harry Smith and Maggie Rodriguez and weather anchor Dave Price are out. Hill, who joined The Early Show 10 months ago as news anchor of the weekday program and co-anchor of the weekend edition with Chris Wragge, will now co-anchor the weekday Early Show along with Wragge. Marysol Castro, formerly of ABC’s Good Morning America weekend edition, has been tapped as the new weather anchor, while Jeff Glor will serve as news anchor. The changes will go in effect on Jan. 3. “The Early Show is an important element of CBS News,” CBS News and Sports president McManus said. “We constantly focus on how to improve the broadcast, and we think we have a terrific combination in Erica, Chris, Jeff and Marysol.” According to CBS News’ release, Smith and Price, who had been anchoring The Early Show since 2002, and Rodriguez, who replaced Hannah Storm in 2008, will stay with CBS News in a different capacities.
Anchor Shakeup On CBS' 'The Early Show'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Lassos $185M Overseas, $279M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $739M Global - International Box Office
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Surge As Eagles Claw Cowboys; Trump Says NFL Should "Suspend" Marshawn Lynch
Latest TV News
- Government Poised To File Suit To Block AT&T-Time Warner Deal: Reports
- Art Directors Guild Sets Norm Newberry For Career Award
- ‘One Day She’ll Darken’: Connie Nielsen Cast In Patty Jenkins’ TNT Series
- Syfy’s ‘The Magicians’ Gets Season 3 Premiere Date & Trailer
- NBC Sets Golden Globes 75th Anniversary Special
- E! Buys ‘Juicy Stories’ Dramedy From Michael Patrick King, Amy Harris & Juicy Couture Founders With Pilot…