EXCLUSIVE: Ugly Betty alumna Ana Ortiz is set as the female lead of Fox’s off-cycle comedy pilot Outnumbered, which is being directed by Larry Charles. Inspired by the BBC sitcom, Outnumbered revolves around one set of parents who are often overwhelmed by their three children. Ortiz will play the mom, Sue Tulley, a frazzled, at-her-wit’s-end, working mother of three, a multi-tasker by necessity and somewhat of a hot-head. The project is being produced by 20th TV, Chernin Entertainment and Hat Trick Prods, the British company behind the original series. Like fellow Ugly Betty co-star Becki Newton, Ortiz was tapped for a new project, ABC’s drama pilot True Blue, shortly after the network announced the end of Betty‘s four-year run. She has been in demand ever since, with several projects in development for next fall trying to attach her as a star. Ortiz is with Gersh, manager Geordie Frey and attorney Brad Small.
Ana Ortiz To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'Outnumbered'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘iZombie’ Renewed For Season 2 By CW
- Weinstein Company’s Next TV Foray: Animated Family Series ‘Spy Kids,’ ‘Gnomes’ And ‘Reboot…
- ‘Grace And Frankie’ Review: Jane Fonda-Lily Tomlin Sitcom Wraps Age-Old Issues In Odd-Couple Laughs
- ‘Supergirl’ Picked Up To Series At CBS
- Katherine McNamara Cast As Female Lead In ‘Shadowhunters’ On ABC Family
- Al Jazeera America Axes CEO Amid Legal & Corporate Woes