EXCLUSIVE: Ugly Betty alumna Ana Ortiz is set as the female lead of Fox’s off-cycle comedy pilot Outnumbered, which is being directed by Larry Charles. Inspired by the BBC sitcom, Outnumbered revolves around one set of parents who are often overwhelmed by their three children. Ortiz will play the mom, Sue Tulley, a frazzled, at-her-wit’s-end, working mother of three, a multi-tasker by necessity and somewhat of a hot-head. The project is being produced by 20th TV, Chernin Entertainment and Hat Trick Prods, the British company behind the original series. Like fellow Ugly Betty co-star Becki Newton, Ortiz was tapped for a new project, ABC’s drama pilot True Blue, shortly after the network announced the end of Betty‘s four-year run. She has been in demand ever since, with several projects in development for next fall trying to attach her as a star. Ortiz is with Gersh, manager Geordie Frey and attorney Brad Small.
Ana Ortiz To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'Outnumbered'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- The CW Buys Action Drama ‘Searchers’ From ‘The 100’ Creator & Greg Berlanti
- ‘Walking Dead’: Scene Showing Alternate Negan Victim Surfaces
- CW Buys ‘The Terranauts’ Drama From Jim Parsons & Zach Helm Based On New Book
- UTA Signs NFL Network Stalwart Rich Eisen
- Kevin Curran Dies: Emmy-Winning ‘Simpsons’ & Letterman Writer-Producer Was 59
- DGA Reaches Deal on Network Staff Agreement