No surprise here: AMC just announced it is renewing breakout hit The Walking Dead for a second season with a 13-episode order. The pickup comes on the heels of Walking Dead‘s record-breaking premiere on October 31, that drew 5.3 million viewers, 3.6 million of them in the 18-49 demographic. In addition to AMC, Fox International Channels also have renewed the series for as second season, following record-breaking premiere ratings in 120 countries in Europe, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East. “The Dead has spread!” said Charlie Collier, President of AMC. “No other cable series has ever attracted as many adults 18-49 as ‘The Walking Dead.’ This reaffirms viewers’ hunger for premium television on basic cable.” Even more impressive than its big debut was how well Walking Dead held up in its second airing last night. It drew 4.7 million viewers, only 11% down from the debut which was supported by a massive promotional campaign. In adults 18-49, it averaged 3.3 million viewers, down 8%. Based on Robert Kirkman’s comic book series, The Walking Dead was written and directed by Frank Darabont who is executive producing with Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert. Also joining the series as an executive producer is Charles “Chic” Eglee (Dexter).
AMC Renews 'Walking Dead' For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
Boston Police Commissioner Praises "99.9 Percent" Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps "Heal"
FX Acquires 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Logan', 'Girls Trip', 'Despicable Me 3', 'War For The Planet of the Apes' & More Movies
Donald Trump Spotlights "Many Anti-Police Agitators" In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
Latest International News
- Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot – Update
- Bruce Forsyth Dies: Brit TV Legend Who “Delighted Millions” Was 89
- ITV Plans Build Mini-Theme Park In London
- Gemma Chan Joins ‘Mary Queen Of Scots’ Opposite Saoirse Ronan & Margot Robbie
- BBC Commissions New Dramas From ‘Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy’ Scribe & ‘Poldark’ Producer
- China’s Puji Capital Invests In Peter Guber’s Mandalay Endurance