EXCLUSIVE: The CW have found their Danni Lowinski. Sons & Daughters alumna Amanda Walsh has landed the lead in the hourlong CW dramedy pilot based on the German series of the same name. The pilot, once eyed for possible midseason consideration, is now targeted for next fall. The CW has no scripted series on tap for midseason and recently opted not order back episodes from sophomore Life Unexpected. Danni Lowinski is named after the series’ central character: a scrappy hairdresser (Walsh) who has worked her way through law school and finally graduates only to be brushed off by law firms that aren’t interested in her type. Determined to make her way in the professional world, she sets up her own practice in a shopping mall kiosk. The German series, which airs on Sat.1, stars popular German comedy actress Annette Frier in the title role. Richard Shepard will be directing the CW pilot from a script by Jennie Snyder Urman (90210). CBS TV Studios is producing. This actually is not the first pilot in which Walsh plays the female lead. She starred opposite Johnny Galecki and Jim Parsons in the original pilot for The Big Bang Theory, which never aired, playing a character that was later reconceived. Walsh, repped by ICM and 3 Arts, most recently co-starred in the ABC Family movie Beauty & the Briefcase.
Amanda Walsh Cast As Title Character In CW Pilot 'Danni Lowinski'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Rises To $199M Overseas, $267M+ Global Bow - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Russell Brand To Speak At Edinburgh TV Fest; Discovery & Atari Launch New Game Show – Global Briefs
- Netflix’s ‘Bojack Horseman’ Bucked Off China’s iQiyi Streaming Service – Report
- Donald Trump Celebrates Resignation Of CNN Journalists Over Retracted Russia Report
- Stephen Colbert: Russian Intelligence Are Hardcore Fans, “Followed Me Everywhere”
- Fox’s Sky Acquisition Receives Blessing Of Ireland’s Communications Minister
- ‘The Carmichael Show’: NBC Sets Postponed Mass-Shooting Episode For This Week