EXCLUSIVE: The CW have found their Danni Lowinski. Sons & Daughters alumna Amanda Walsh has landed the lead in the hourlong CW dramedy pilot based on the German series of the same name. The pilot, once eyed for possible midseason consideration, is now targeted for next fall. The CW has no scripted series on tap for midseason and recently opted not order back episodes from sophomore Life Unexpected. Danni Lowinski is named after the series’ central character: a scrappy hairdresser (Walsh) who has worked her way through law school and finally graduates only to be brushed off by law firms that aren’t interested in her type. Determined to make her way in the professional world, she sets up her own practice in a shopping mall kiosk. The German series, which airs on Sat.1, stars popular German comedy actress Annette Frier in the title role. Richard Shepard will be directing the CW pilot from a script by Jennie Snyder Urman (90210). CBS TV Studios is producing. This actually is not the first pilot in which Walsh plays the female lead. She starred opposite Johnny Galecki and Jim Parsons in the original pilot for The Big Bang Theory, which never aired, playing a character that was later reconceived. Walsh, repped by ICM and 3 Arts, most recently co-starred in the ABC Family movie Beauty & the Briefcase.
Amanda Walsh Cast As Title Character In CW Pilot 'Danni Lowinski'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’
- Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-’90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
- Dylan McDermott To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'LA -> Vegas'
- ‘Instinct’ CBS Pilot Casts Daniel Ings; NBC’s ‘Spaced Out’ Adds Brett Goldstein
- ‘24: Legacy’ Producers Apologize For Use Of 2013 Nairobi Terror Attack Footage