EXCLUSIVE: A trio busy on the feature side — Ethan Reiff and Cyrus Voris, who are writing the Karate Kid sequel, and Rob Cohen who is prepping the xXx threeequel, xXx: The return of Xander Cage — have teamed for an action drama project, which has been set up at ABC. Reiff and Voris are writing and Cohen is attached to direct the project, which has landed a premium script commitment from the network. In the vein of Red and The Expendables, the ABC Studios-produced drama is described as a fun action-adventure show about a team of old-school CIA covert operatives (kick-ass soldier-spies) who won the Cold War in the Eighties but were then forced out due to budget-cuts in the early 1990s. Now, they have been recruited to go back to work for their country by the chief of the Special Activities Division, a go-getter young woman who is also the team leader’s estranged daughter. Reiff and Voris, who co-created/executive produced the Showtime series Sleeper Cell, came up with the idea for the project based on a pitch by producer Aaron Kaplan of Kapital Entertainment who also put the duo in touch with Cohen. All 4 are executive producing. Reiff and Voris are with UTA and Field Entertainment; Cohen is with WME.
ABC Working On Action-Adventure Drama With Rob Cohen, Ethan Reiff & Cyrus Voris
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'
- ‘Homeland’s Raza Jaffrey To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Code Black’
- Anika Noni Rose To Topline 'For Justice' CBS Civil Rights Pilot Directed By Ava DuVernay
- ‘Tosh.0′ Sold To Fox Stations In Syndication Deal With Debmar-Mercury