After a string of smaller cable series and gigs as awards show producer, Mark Burnett is back on network TV with a big adventure competition reality series at ABC. At first blush, the series, titled Expedition Impossible, looks very similar to CBS veteran The Amazing Race with teams of 3 instead of 2. From Expedition Impossible’s official description: “Teams of three will solve problems while racing across deserts, over mountains and through rivers. Each week a new stage of the expedition will be revealed. After ten stunning legs of competition, one team will cross the finish line first to claim victory.” Burnett, who is executive producing the series with Lisa Hennessy, describes it as “an epic Indiana Jones-style experience.” He has experience in the genre with his long-running cable reality series Eco-Challenge. Burnett is retaining the rights to Expedition Impossible, with his company distributing internationally both the show and the format. This is the second action-adventure competition reality series from big-name producers that ABC has picked up in the past month. It also ordered Take the Money and Run, from The Amazing Race team of creators/executive producers Bertram van Munster & Elise Doganieri and executive producer Jerry Bruckheimer.
ABC Greenlights Mark Burnett Reality Show
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest TV News
- How Barbra Streisand Avoided #MeToo Moments In Her Career: ‘I Worked With Great Men’ – PaleyFest
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
- Trump’s Lawyer Sues Stormy Daniels For $20M In Advance Of ’60 Minutes’ Interview
- “What If Our Politicians Weren’t The Bitch Of NRA?” Parkland Student Asks In PSA
- NBC Wants ‘Tonight Show’ Discrimination Suit Moved To Arbitration, Or Dismissed