After a string of smaller cable series and gigs as awards show producer, Mark Burnett is back on network TV with a big adventure competition reality series at ABC. At first blush, the series, titled Expedition Impossible, looks very similar to CBS veteran The Amazing Race with teams of 3 instead of 2. From Expedition Impossible’s official description: “Teams of three will solve problems while racing across deserts, over mountains and through rivers. Each week a new stage of the expedition will be revealed. After ten stunning legs of competition, one team will cross the finish line first to claim victory.” Burnett, who is executive producing the series with Lisa Hennessy, describes it as “an epic Indiana Jones-style experience.” He has experience in the genre with his long-running cable reality series Eco-Challenge. Burnett is retaining the rights to Expedition Impossible, with his company distributing internationally both the show and the format. This is the second action-adventure competition reality series from big-name producers that ABC has picked up in the past month. It also ordered Take the Money and Run, from The Amazing Race team of creators/executive producers Bertram van Munster & Elise Doganieri and executive producer Jerry Bruckheimer.
ABC Greenlights Mark Burnett Reality Show
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres
- ‘Parenthood’ Ends Run On High Ratings Note, ‘Scandal’ Up In Return, Pushes ‘Backstrom’ Down In…
- NBC Comedy ‘Undateable’ Spoofs ‘Chicago Fire’ In Super Bowl Spot
- Neil Patrick Harris’ NBC Variety Series Gets Super Bowl Promo