ABC Family completed its Harry Potter collection with the acquisition of the TV rights to the final two Harry Potter movies, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Parts 1 and 2. Deathly Hallows, Part 1 just opened to more than $125 million, a record for the Warner Bros. franchise. It will premiere on ABC Family in 2013. Deathly Hallows, Part 2, slated for theatrical release on July 15, 2011, will make its basic cable debut on ABC Family in Winter 2013. The deal between ABC Family and Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution makes ABC Family the basic cable home of all eight Harry Potter films. Because Harry Potter has been so closely associated with ABC Family, including being featured prominently on its annual 25 Days of Christmas showcase, that the cable network was considered the only real contender for the final 2 installments. movies.
ABC Family Buys Final 2 'Harry Potter' Films
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'The Bridge' Cancelled By FX After 2 Seasons
- Warner Bros New Digital Unit Unveils Name & Slate: Mortal Kombat & Static Shock Series; Akiva Goldsman Project
- 'Faking It' Gets Order For 10 More Episodes From MTV
- Christian Slater To Star In USA Pilot 'Mr. Robot'
- IFC Ups Christine Lubrano To SVP Original Programming, Hires Development Execs
- Resolution Agent Ian Greenstein Joins Gersh