ABC Family completed its Harry Potter collection with the acquisition of the TV rights to the final two Harry Potter movies, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Parts 1 and 2. Deathly Hallows, Part 1 just opened to more than $125 million, a record for the Warner Bros. franchise. It will premiere on ABC Family in 2013. Deathly Hallows, Part 2, slated for theatrical release on July 15, 2011, will make its basic cable debut on ABC Family in Winter 2013. The deal between ABC Family and Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution makes ABC Family the basic cable home of all eight Harry Potter films. Because Harry Potter has been so closely associated with ABC Family, including being featured prominently on its annual 25 Days of Christmas showcase, that the cable network was considered the only real contender for the final 2 installments. movies.
ABC Family Buys Final 2 'Harry Potter' Films
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox