ABC Family completed its Harry Potter collection with the acquisition of the TV rights to the final two Harry Potter movies, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Parts 1 and 2. Deathly Hallows, Part 1 just opened to more than $125 million, a record for the Warner Bros. franchise. It will premiere on ABC Family in 2013. Deathly Hallows, Part 2, slated for theatrical release on July 15, 2011, will make its basic cable debut on ABC Family in Winter 2013. The deal between ABC Family and Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution makes ABC Family the basic cable home of all eight Harry Potter films. Because Harry Potter has been so closely associated with ABC Family, including being featured prominently on its annual 25 Days of Christmas showcase, that the cable network was considered the only real contender for the final 2 installments. movies.
ABC Family Buys Final 2 'Harry Potter' Films
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
Latest TV News
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Set To Honor ‘Fast & Furious’ Franchise
- Netflix Commissions Second German Production ‘Dogs Of Berlin’
- ‘The President Show’ Inaugurates New Term On Comedy Central
- James Corden Can’t Escape Kurt Russell In Funny ‘Late Late Show’ Bit
- ‘Z: The Beginning Of Everything’ Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon
- Sean Hannity Could Leave Fox News If Murdochs Don’t Back Besieged Co-Prez Bill Shine