ABC Family completed its Harry Potter collection with the acquisition of the TV rights to the final two Harry Potter movies, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Parts 1 and 2. Deathly Hallows, Part 1 just opened to more than $125 million, a record for the Warner Bros. franchise. It will premiere on ABC Family in 2013. Deathly Hallows, Part 2, slated for theatrical release on July 15, 2011, will make its basic cable debut on ABC Family in Winter 2013. The deal between ABC Family and Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution makes ABC Family the basic cable home of all eight Harry Potter films. Because Harry Potter has been so closely associated with ABC Family, including being featured prominently on its annual 25 Days of Christmas showcase, that the cable network was considered the only real contender for the final 2 installments. movies.
ABC Family Buys Final 2 'Harry Potter' Films
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- John Cena’s ‘American Grit’ Renewed For Second Season By Fox
- Vice President Joe Biden To Guest Star On ‘Law & Order: SVU’
- ‘Mercy Street’: First Look At Season 2 Of PBS’ Civil War Drama
- Donald Trump & RNC Top Hillary Clinton & Final Night Of DNC In Viewers
- Seth Meyers To Donald Trump: “You’re Broke!”
- ‘Scream Queens’ Season 2 Promo: Will These Med Students Bother To Learn About Anesthesia?